Thursday, February 23, 2017

THURSDAY THOUGHTS - On Reading Challenges: Part One

ON READING CHALLENGES: PART ONE

Yesterday I started my January challenges update post and noticed that, although I was reading the six books a month I had set as a casual reading goal (I am not doing the Goodreads Challenge this year), I was already not meeting my personal One For Twelve Challenge goals and would be playing catch up after just one month! It was defeating the entire purpose of the challenge, which was to do more personal reading while including a variety of genres and categories. I am here to tell you I am scrapping all of my challenges. Besides the One For Twelve I had an audiobook challenge and a backlist challenge. I have decided all I want to do is just read what I want when I want.


I am still going to hold myself to the "only one ARC a month" limit I set in order to make more time for "me reads". ARCs for books I wanted to read anyway don't count. Ha! The ban does not include my no time limit Newbery Award Challenge, nor the David Bowie 100 no time limit challenge I am about to begin. I will be following Talitha from VICTORIAN SOUL CRITIQUE'S idea of listing genres and categories, on my The Monthy Mash wrap-up, to keep track of how varied and diversified my reading has been. These are the boxes I will be striving to tick off, but not challenging myself to read each month.


⬜ MONTH'S OFFICIAL SINGLE ARC
⬜ NEWBERY AWARD BOOK
⬜ MUSIC RELATED BOOK
⬜ CLASSIC
⬜ AUDIOBOOK
⬜ RE-READ
⬜ NONFICTION
⬜ ADULT LIT 
⬜ DIVERSE
⬜ BACKLIST ARC
⬜ BACKLIST RECOMMENDED / ANTICIPATED 
I feel so much better!
What are your thoughts on challenges? Have they changed the longer you have been blogging?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.