Wednesday, September 20, 2023

THE WEDNESDAY WITCH #11 - The Square of Sevens - The Witch Of Maracoor - The Rules of Magic - A Witches' Tea Party - Fairy Bees #FairyBees #WitcheryCookery #Witchtember #WitchBooks #WitchyWonderful #WitchesTeaParty

  
ELEVEN
BOOKS
THE SQUARE OF SEVENS
By Laura Shepherd- Robinson
THE WITCH OF MARACOOR
By Gregory Maguire
THE RULES OF MAGIC
By Alice Hoffman
WITCHERY COOKERY
A Witches' Tea Party
THIS MAGICAL WORLD
fairy bees

Hello, my magical mavens! It's Wednesday Witch time. This is a junction between my Toadstone & Bumbershoot posts and my La La in the Library posts; with a good helping of Fantasy book topics and quiet little everyday witch things.

Witchtember is winding down. Did you read any witchy wonderful books? I need to add that the Dog Days of Summer wrap-up post is still on the way! I am currently struggling physically with my latest surge of EDS symptoms (and hoping it's a flare and not a new plateau) so blogging is difficult. This post was more than half finished, so I decided to post it instead.




I found out the Square of Sevens card divination method, from this book, is real and the mysterious tutorial book, of the same name, featured in the novel is real and can be viewed on the Project Guttenberg website! I am determined to learn it despite my vintage human brain, ha ha, and so I purchased some oddly illustrated playing cards from Etsy to make it more interesting and enjoyable. As with most everything I purchase, they will serve double duty as Instagram props. The best reading I ever received was from an old(er) woman in a housecoat with pink sponge curlers in her hair, using a regular deck of playing cards.

They should arrive tomorrow.



I loved this book, but it was too short. This was my first official read for Witchtember. The Square of Sevens was subtly a witch story because even though the fortune tellers weren't witches, many people thought of them as witches and called them witches.


(4.5)
I am currently re-reading this. It's a wonderful story.




Let's have a witches' tea party for Witchtember!


PISTACHIO AND WILD JAM COOKIES





(Perdita luteola)
They have no stinger.



STAY MAGICAL MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.