Tuesday, September 12, 2023

TELL ME TUESDAY # - Last. Now. Next. - August Reading Wrap-Up - *tidbits* #iRead #Books #Reading #DogBooks #AmReading #BookBlogger #BookBlog

  
TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED AND FOUR
AUGUST READING WRAP-UP
*tidbits*

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your TBR pile, and why.
I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


ONE BOOK A WEEK
I'm still trying to keep my reading down to one book a week, but I'm nine books ahead at this point.

SEPTEMBER'S READING THEME 
WITCHTEMBER
(books with witches in them)



MEMOIR
TALKING DOG
Published 2021 - Hoopla Borrow
Let's just say this author has a big head.


MEMOIR
CHILD ACTOR
CHILD ABUSE
EATING DISORDERS
SUBSTANCE ABUSE
Published August 2022 - Libby Borrow


LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
MAGICAL REALISM
POST-REFORMATION/GEORGIAN LONDON
Published September 5th 2023 - Edelweiss ARC
This is in the running for my top book of the year. It was also true Magical Realism where you don't know if the "magic" is real or not.



GOODREADS
ADULT FICTION
ANOTHER DAY TRILOGY #3
FANTASY
A THE WICKED YEARS SPIN-OFF
Publishes October 10th 2023 - Edelweiss ARC
This is my first book for Witchtember and I am extremely excited to read it. I love this series!



(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
PRACTICAL MAGIC PREQUEL
FANTASY
WITCHES
Published 2017 - Netgalley ARC
. This is my favorite prequel to Practical Magic and I am going to be doing a re-read. That's why you are seeing a review and rating above. If you read my Goodreads review, ignore the "I haven't read Practical Magic yet" statement because I have read it since, and I didn't like it. It's full of cheesy romance. My suggestion is always to watch the movie instead, but be forewarned they switched the names of the aunts for some unknown reason.



AUGUST READING WRAP-UP


BOOKS READ
FIVE

ARCS
ONE

PHYSICAL BOOKS
NONE

EBOOKS
ONE

AUDIOBOOKS
FOUR

MANGA - GRAPHIC NOVELS - COMICS
NONE

MIDDLE GRADE
NONE

YOUNG ADULT
ONE

ADULT FICTION
TWO

NONFICTION
TWO

RE-READ
NONE

FAVORITE AUGUST READ
★★★★
(4.5)


2023
YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
BOOKS READ
46
NONFICTION 9/6
NATIVE AMERICAN/FIRST NATIONS AUTHORS I/6
BACKLIST ARCS 2/6
CLASSICS 1/3
RE-READS 2/3
FREEBIES/99¢ KINDLE BOOKS 1/12
MIDDLE GRADE - 12
YOUNG ADULT - 2
ADULT FICTION - 23
NONFICTION - 9
GRAPHIC NOVELS/MANGA - 8
AUDIOBOOKS - 20
EBOOKS - 26
PHYSICAL COPIES - 0
BORROWED - 29
ARCS - 12



•tidbits•
 
The DDOS wrap-up post will be here either Thursday or Friday. I'm still trying to cope with my current level of physical incapacity and not being able to do much blogging because we are still going through old storage boxes and downsizing and donating in preparation for apartment hunting. I really want to feature the rescue shelter the reading donation will be going to, so I need a little more time.



What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.