Tuesday, August 22, 2023

TELL ME TUESDAY #403 - Last. Now. Next. - New to the E-Queue - tidbits #BookBlog #Books #DogDaysOfSummer #DDOS #iRead #AmReading #Reading #DogBooks

 
TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED AND THREE
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE
*tidbits*

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your TBR pile, and why.
I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


ONE BOOK A WEEK
I'm still trying to keep my reading down to one book a week, but I'm nine books ahead at this point.

AUGUST'S READING THEME
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
(books with a dog in the story, or on the cover)



ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
CULTS
FEMINISM
BOOKS
Published August 15th 2023 - Edelweiss ARC
I lucked out and there was dog in the story for Dog Days of Summer! As usual with Alice Hoffman I was hit or miss and this one was a miss.

(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
MULTI-GENERATIONAL
POVERTY
Published October 2022 - Hoopla Borrow
I asked on Twitter and Instagram if there was a dog in this story and people who said they read it said no. However, there were nine! Good grief. Even if they skim read, the dogs were pretty evenly dispersed, so they should have hit at least one. I might change this rating to four stars (4.5) because the author downplayed how racist these Appalachian Hill People can be. In the story most of them think the word "hillbilly" is as bad as the N-word. This was my second Dog Days of Summer title.

 

MEMOIR
TALKING DOG
Published 2021 - Hoopla Borrow
I have been wanting to read this because we are thinking about getting our cat Zuzu some speech buttons. At first I didn't quite like it because it was in this cold oatmeal zone between an instructional book and a memoir. I wanted one or the other, but around 40% it started feeling more like a memoir so I'm okay with it now.



NONFICTION
DOG SCIENCE
Publishes November 14th 2023 -Edelweiss ARC
I actually started reading this before the talking dog book, but it's boring, so I set it aside. There had been no science yet, and the Instagrammer's part has just been generic blog-like writing about her dogs; past and present. I will go back to it because it's an ARC, but I will most likely skim to find and read the science parts.



WINDCATCHER - Was 99¢
THE CULTURE CLIMB -Goodreads Win
THE BRIDGE TO MAGIC - Goodreads Win
AMONG THE LILIES - Still 99¢ today!
DOGEATERS - Was $1.99 - Now $2.99
(it really pays to keep a Kindle ebook wishlist and check it daily)
WAYS TO MAKE SUNSHINE - Was $1.99 - Now $4.97
BRAVERTON'S PHANTASMAGORIA - Was Free - Now $3.99
THE TREES IN MY FOREST - Was Free - Now $12.99
MASTERING THE ART OF FRENCH COOKING - Was $1.99 - Now $22.99
CATALYST -Was 99¢ - Now $11.99
HOW TO BE A GOOD CREATURE - Was $1.99 - Now $15.49
RESTRICTION - Goodreads Win
DYER STREET PUNK WITCHES - Still 99¢ today!
BLACK FOOD - Was $1.99 - Now $14.99



•tidbits•


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.