Thursday, July 20, 2023

PAGE TURNINGS #7 - LITERATURE-MAP #Literature-Map #TheTouristMapOfLiterature

 

PAGE TURNINGS #6 Mid-Year Reading Wrap-Up #IRead #AmReading #Books 

PAGE TURNINGS
SEVEN
LITERATURE-MAP

Hello, beautiful Book Dragons and lovely Library Lions! Let's chat about my favorite subject, books!
THE TOURIST MAP OF LITERATURE
One of my Facebook friends is a librarian at my local public library and she posted about Literature-Map, a website where you plug in an author and it gives you a "map" of other authors with similar writing styles. I'm also Facebook friends with Elizabeth who used to book blog at So Long... & Thanks For All the Fish, and she commented about how much fun she was having watching all the names move around before the choices settled in, so I decided to do a blog post about it. I was proud of myself for making a connection between Vonnegut and Murakami on my own when previously recommending books.





Initially I was thinking I didn't know about Milan Kundera, but I did know about his book The Unberable Lightness of Being. It's a book several of my college friends read that I never got around to reading. It's on my Goodreads classics TBR. I was sorry to hear he passed away last week.

GOODREADS
Well, I also knew of this author, and again by book title. In fact I was reminded of this book a few days ago on Twitter...
It's over 1K pages and the audio book is over 56 hours! What's even weirder is I remembered an old friend of mine is a friend of someone in Wallace's family and he says I met this author once at his parents' home. I do not remember, but if it was at a party this is probably the fault of a few cocktails. Another reason getting drunk is never a good idea. Nowadays I prefer, as my son calls it, a light buzz. I was not aware this author took his own life. Very sad indeed.


What authors are you going to map?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.