Wednesday, November 9, 2022

THE WEDNESDAY WITCH #4 - Books - Movies - Tiny Witch Things #WitchBooks #VampireMovies #TinyWitchThings

FOUR
BOOK
THE WITCHES OF NEW YORK
By Ami McKay
WITCHERY COOKERY
THE MYSTERY BREAD
MOVIE
ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE
TINY WITCH THINGS
WIND WISHES

Hello, my magical mavens! It's Wednesday Witch time. This is a junction between my Toadstone & Bumbershoot posts and my La La in the Library posts; with a good helping of Fantasy book topics and quiet little everyday witch things.

ADULT FICTION
First Published 0ctober 2016 
I loved this story to the moon and back! There are companion books, also. I think one is a backstory for one of the characters in this book. I haven't read any of them yet because when I read this as an Edelweiss review book, I was knee deep in in ARCs. Next year when I can graze freely again, I will be sure to read the others.

This is the cover for my eARC; I like the other cover better. Which one do you prefer?

If you do manage to read The Witches of New York before Christmas, there is a novella about the characters set around Christmastime. I read that it's best to read it after The Witches of New York because it spoils some of the enchantment of the characters unveiling themselves in the previous book. This will definitely be on my holiday reading list next year.



THE MYSTERY BREAD
This image only comes up on Pinterest with no links to a blog nor recipe, other than one Facebook link that is only to the page and not the photo, so... there is no attribution. I have come across missing links and attributions a lot lately, in gathering content for my Toadstone and Bumbershoot posts and Facebook page, and it seriously irks me. Are they dinner rolls as suggested on Pinterest, or monkey bread? I am going to surmise one just adds activated charcoal and turmeric for color, as hinted to on Pinterest, but how much? The garnishes look like sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, and parsley. We've been sprinkling everything bagel seasoning on drop biscuits and it's divine and would probably go nicely on these as well!
If you ever stumble upon the original recipe for these please let me know, or if you have any ideas or suggestions about what the recipe might be, drop them in the comments.

Celebrate Halloween all year long without it being obvious you are celebrating Halloween all year long, ha ha. Make your Thanksgiving, or friendsgiving magical!





ONLY LOVERS LEFT ALIVE
Has anyone seen this? I came across it looking for copper hardware for one of my guitars. Strange. This photo was mixed in with images of sparkly volume/tone knobs. Ha ha. I love Tilda Swinton and didn't recognize this scene, so I image searched it. It was released in 2014. I can't believe I had not heard of it. IMBD says it's a highly stylized and atmospheric vampire film bemoaning the passing of the great rock-and-roll and hippie era. It sounds like something I would love. I know it's not witches, but vampires would definitely be part of the fantasy world I base my immersion living on. I even have a Vampire Dark Dinner Party Pinterest board. Ha ha! 

We could have a dark dinner party movie night!






Do you like vampire movies?
STAY MAGICAL MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.