Friday, November 4, 2022

FIRST FRIDAY FIVES November 2022

 

FIRST FRIDAY FIVES
NOVEMBER 2022

I have been following Katherine's Friday Fives posts on I WISH I LIVED IN A LIBRARY, and decided to jump on the idea. My posts will be on the first Friday of every month.




FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY IN OCTOBER

1. It was my birthday!

We tried a new apple cake recipe for the Autumnal Equinox and I loved it so much I wanted one for my birthday. Baz made the cake and I made the glaze. I tried making it purple, but it turned out gray, ha ha. That's a regular sized loaf cake it just looks small because that's a four inch beeswax birthday candle.



2. I received presents all the way from Estonia!

My friend and book blogging buddy, Liis, from Cover to Cover sent the biggest chocolate bar I have ever gotten in my life, a beautiful wooden unicorn bookmark, a box of three pair of black cat socks, AND AN ESTONIAN COPY OF HARRY POTTER AND THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE!




3. I received a birthday present I didn't expect!
I love surprises! I always have to tell Baz what I want for birthdays, Mother's Day, and Christmas. He's always afraid he's going to get something I won't like even though one Christmas most of what I wanted was out of stock and he did a fabulous job finding replacement ideas. He always brings great gifts home for me when he goes on trips, too. I asked for my usual illustrated Harry Potter book and a specific brand of bourbon. He couldn't find the bourbon, but he remembered me saying every year, that someday I would splurge on a $30.00 eight ounce bottle of Nielsen-Massey pure vanilla extract for holiday baking. I was more than delighted to get this! I have now started buying other higher quality ingredients for the holiday baking. I don't want the quality of the vanilla extract to be for naught. Ha ha. I hope I get the bourbon for Christmas.

He also gifted the illustrated Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix I asked for. It's HUGE!



4. Cold pizza and hot coffee for breakfast!

We celebrate birthday week, so I wanted pizza from my favorite pizza place the day before to have my favorite breakfast of cold pizza and hot coffee on my birthday. It made up for not getting my traditional Filet-O-Fish and McDonald's fries for my birthday dinner. Can you believe they were out of filets?! Oh the humanity! Which reminds me... I still have a raincheck for my birthday meal.



5. The weather was glorious!

This is just outside my city. The weather is still glorious. I haven't had to turn the heat on yet! We had three or four uncomfortable mornings, but we pushed through them without turning on the furnace. I get to look out my kitchen window, when I'm doing the dishes, and see this on the hillside.






FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME LAUGH

1. Someone posted this in a Harry Potter Facebook group I'm in.



2. Also this...



3. This was on Twitter...



4. From Halloween.



5. My high school physics lab partner...

Yes, I am Facebook friends with my high school physics lab partner, ha ha. He lives in California, now, but he has a rental lakeside cottage here in Upstate New York. He flies out twice a year to open and close it. Someone left that jacket behind in the late '90s and it is his cold mornings jacket now. It gives me a chuckle. Would Millennials consider this lakeside cottagecore? Ha!




What five things did you like about October?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.