Friday, November 5, 2021

FIRST FRIDAY FIVE - November 2021 - #WeirdBreakfastFoods #BreakfastFoods #Breakfast

  

FIRST FRIDAY FIVE
NOVEMBER 2021
WEIRD BREAKFAST FOODS

I have been following Katherine's from I WISH I LIVED IN A LIBRARY and Kwante's from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND Friday Five posts, and decided to jump on the idea. My blogging has been suffering from a case of the blahs for the past year, and I thought some new features might liven things up for me! As with Katherine's feature I will have different topics which have caught my fancy.






WEIRD BREAKFAST FOODS

It was my birthday last month, and I usually pick a McDonald's Filet-O-Fish, large fries, and chocolate milkshake (if their ice cream machine is working, ha ha) as my birthday take-out, but nice as I am... with the inclement weather that day, I didn't feel like making The Manchild walk to Mickey D's on his day off in down pouring rain. The next best thing for me was pizza from my favorite pizza place, delivered.

I had Baz order a half sheet pizza because my favorite breakfast in the whole wide world is leftover COLD PIZZA and hot coffee! I know quite a few people who love leftover pizza for breakfast, like my son Baz, but they reheat it. Not me. Ha ha.






My second favorite breakfast is leftover lasagna. Mmm... I like my lasagna reheated, though. We have lasagna for Christmas dinner every year, so my Boxing Day always starts out right! Our tradition is to make it with sauce from my favorite local restaurant, and even though it's now bottled and sold in many Upstate New York grocery stores, we try to get a quart of it fresh from the restaurant two or three days before.

This was also Rod Serling's favorite hometown restaurant.





Yes, the staple of poor college students everywhere, which included me, ha ha. I can't remember which of my college friends started draining their ramen noodles, and putting butter/margarine on them before mixing in the flavor packet. It think it may have been my housemate. I do know it was my housemate who started adding peanut butter to it also. Now I add toasted sesamec seed oil and peanut butter instead of butter/margarin. This became my favorite Saturday and Sunday brunch meal with a half of a bagel broiled in the toaster oven with cheese, and a glass of orange juice. I shared my brunch with a semi-famous person once, and I know he started making it because later someone thought I had copied it from them.

Our college apartment was the entire first floor.




The Ex and I started making our Thanksgiving sweet potatoes with butter, half and half, brown sugar, and... garlic powder. The garlic might sound strange, but it was always a hit especially at our annual day after turkey day Friendsgiving. I don't remember when I started microwaving sweet potatoes in their skin for breakfast, and then smashing them open and putting Olivio, brown sugar, and garlic powder on them; it's heavenly. Now you might say, La La, I have heard of people eating sweet potatoes for breakfast before. Yes, but I eat them with tuna salad on half a bagel. Yum.




Okay, truthfully I don't eat this now, but it was my go-to breakfast as a teen on the road with the band I worked with, when we were touring and staying in motels. We usually ran into gas station convenience stores in the morning to grab coffee and something to eat. Dunkin' Donuts was an infrequent luxury. We toured mostly in the summer, so I'd grab a cold Tab. When they started selling Tab again I bought one and a box of Chicken in a Biskit, to re-live old times, and no sir, I didn't like it.




Do you have any weird breakfast foods you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.