Tuesday, March 9, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #338 - Last. Now. Next. - New to the E-queue - Tidbits

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
 NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-EIGHT
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining  us this week...





ADULT FICTION
SCIENCE FICTION
COMPANION BOOK SERIES #4
Publishes April 20th 2021 - NetGalley
I would have preferred it if the story had found it's way back to the Wayfarer, but this was a good finish to the series. The first book still remains the strongest in my opinion. I would love to see a television series based on the first book with an extended storyline.



GOODREADS
NONFICTION
WOMEN'S HISTORY
Published March 2nd 2021 - Edelweiss
This book was ticking all the right boxes for me until the author went on this basically off-topic, long meandering about numerous specific speakeasies and their menus, chefs, and a chef's strike. It was strange. The story is back on track again and I'm back to loving it. This is the women's hotel The Amazon, in The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, was based on. Plath lived there early in her career, as well as Joan Didion.



YOUNG ADULT
DAUNTLESS PATH SERIES
FANTASY
Publishes March 23rd 2021 - Edelweiss
It's finally time for me to read this new offering from one of my all-time favorite authors. Whoot whoot!





I haven't done one of these in almost six months! I'm going to start fresh today and hopefully do a Stacking the Shelves for the backlog.
A WINTER'S PROMISE - $1.99 sale
• it's still on sale •
BIASED - $1.99 sale



This is a fabulous blog post, and yes, I think they should start calling YA titles Teen again, and stop pandering to the adult readers of YA, with more mature content, just to make extra profits. Children's publishing used to be more about good suitable content over profits. This would also solve a lot of the problems with graphic violence and sexual tension content being added in Middle Grade books to give YA displaced younger teens something to read.


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.