Tuesday, January 19, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #332 - Last. Now. Next.

 

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-TWO
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!





★★★
ADULT LIT
THE WICKED YEARS SERIES - TWO
FANTASY
WIZARD OF OZ RETELLING
Published 2006 - Own Audio & Hardcover
Oh how I loved this book! The vocabulary and phrasing was luxurious, and the story was deep, thoughtful and intriguing. There was a short interview with Maguire at the end of the audiobook where he had to explain The Wicked Years books were Adult Fiction, and how he got a lot of grief for this book being too intellectually dense and political. I loved this title so much I had to go on to A Lion Among Men right away. Much to my dismay, either he, or the editor took into consideration the negative feedback, and this book is much simpler in vocabulary and description; and I hate everyone who thinks all Fantasy stories should read like Young Adult.



GOODREADS
ADULT LIT
THE WICKED YEARS SERIES - THREE
FANTASY
WIZARD OF OZ RETELLING
Published 2008 - Own Audiobook and Hardcover
Many people seemed not to like the author's narration of Son of a Witch, but I like Maguire's narration better than this one.



ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD SERIES
CITY WATCH STORY ARC #1
FANTASY - HUMOR
Published 1989 - Own Ebook and Hardcover
Yes! We are continuing on with the TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE, hosted by A Dance With Books. My goal, once again, is to read one Discworld book a month. I chose to read this title for January, instead of continuing on with the Death story arc, because of it being January Dragon Daze here in the library for the third year.

GOODREADS
NONFICTION
POLITICAL
Published October 2019 - Own Kindle Library




There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!

What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.