Tuesday, January 12, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #331 - Last. Now. Next.

 

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-ONE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...


NOTHING
Son of a Witch is over fourteen hours long, and I have been enjoying the beautiful vocabulary and skillful turn of phrase McGuire uses in his writing, so much so I have been listening to it at 1.25X speed instead of my usual 2X speed. Yes, my mind has wandered listening to it at a slower speed, but the experience is worth the rewinds! I have also been listening to more music for stress relief during this past horrific week.



ADULT LIT
THE WICKED YEARS SERIES - TWO
FANTASY
WIZARD OF OZ RETELLING
Published 2006 - Own Audio & Hardcover
So much of this story is a Fantasy account of what is going on in the US right now; insurection, religion melding with government, an economy based on war, and an emperor who is a lot like tRump. Seems serendipitous that I am listening to it in this moment. I should be finished today.



ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD SERIES
CITY WATCH STORY ARC #1
FANTASY - HUMOR
Published 1989 - Own Ebook and Hardcover
Yes! We are continuing on with the TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE, hosted by A Dance With Books. My goal, once again, is to read one Discworld book a month. I chose to read this title for January, instead of continuing on with the Death story arc, because of it being January Dragon Daze here in the library for the third year.

GOODREADS
NONFICTION
POLITICAL
Published October 2019 - Own Kindle Library



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!

What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.