Tuesday, January 5, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #330 - Last. Now. Next. - December Reading Wrap-Up - Tidbits


LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY
DECEMBER READING WRAP-UP
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!





CLASSIC
LORD OF THE RINGS BOOK THREE
Published 1955 - Own Paperback and Ebook
Thanks for sending all the good mojo. I was able to finish my 2020 LotR re-read with a day to spare!

MY GOODREADS REVIEW
MEMOIR
RACE RELATIONS
RELIGIOUS FAITH
Published 2018 - Kindle Unlimited
This was the book I squeezed in on New Year's Eve. I didn't rate it because it was more of a Christian faith story than a historical account.



ADULT LIT
THE WICKED YEARS SERIES - TWO
FANTASY
WIZARD OF OZ RETELLING
Published 2006 - Own Audio & Hardcover
I don't understand why so many readers who loved Wicked hated this sequel. I love it. I am going to go back and re-read Wicked, before I move on to A Lion Among Men, to try and figure it out. I wish people would leave at least a couple of sentences as to why they have rated a book one or two stars. It also counts towards my January Dragon Daze totals.



ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD SERIES
CITY WATCH STORY ARC #1
FANTASY - HUMOR
Published 1989 - Own Ebook and Hardcover
Yes! We are continuing on with the TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE, hosted by A Dance With Books. My goal, once again, is to read one Discworld book a month. I chose to read this title for January, instead of continuing on with the Death story arc, because of it being January Dragon Daze here in the library for the third year.



.

BOOKS READ IN DECEMBER
TEN

YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE 12/12
NEWBERY CHALLENGE 12/12
NONFICTION CHALLENGE 15/12
A YEAR OF CLASSICS CHALLENGE 42/36
RE-READS 14/12
NONFICTION ANTI-RACISM 6/6
MIDDLE GRADE 17
YOUNG ADULT 5
ADULT FICTION 54
NONFICTION 15
GRAPHIC NOVELS 6
AUDIOBOOKS 31
BORROWED 42



STANDALONE
ADULT FICTION
DYSTOPIC SCIENCE FICTION
ROBOTS
Publishes May 18th 2021- Netgalley
Who mentioned this one on their blog? I want to hug you! I am so happy I was approved for this because ANIMAL ROBOTS, people! Readers have been loving it on Goodreads. I had another one of this author's books shelved on Goodreads, so that is a good sign, too. I've been off Dystopians for a while, but ANIMAL ROBOTS!



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!

What are you reading? Tell me!
• HAPPY NEW YEAR •

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.