Tuesday, September 12, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #163 - Top Ten Tuesday

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY-THREE
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

▪ ▪ ▪

Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
 Plus, I love her PUPDATES with photos about her foster dogs!
&
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


★★★
This story was good and it wasn't. There was something lacking and there was a confusing "magical system"; it's in quotes because it was more like a metaphysical system. It has a ridiculously giant cliffhanger at the end. It's one of those endings that could have gone into the new story just a little bit more and still been enough of a cliffhanger to make you want to read the next book. I have a feeling this might be a trilogy that should be a duology. We'll see. Oh, and there was a good sized twist at the end that I didn't see coming, but it still underwhelmed me. So many times I wanted to go back and reread parts to make sense of the way things were happening, but I didn't because frankly, who has time for that when you shouldn't have to, especially with Middle Grade.


MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
DIVERSE - AUTISM
FAMILY
COMPETITIVE EATING
Published September 12th - Netgalley
I am enjoying this one so far.


MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
FRIENDSHIP
Publishes September 19th
I think this will be my 5th MG in a row?

◆◆◆

Every week I intend to do a Top Ten, but I am always so tired by the time I finish the TMT part it never gets added. Maybe I'll add it tomorrow for the latecomers. Heh heh.
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.