Wednesday, September 7, 2016

WAITING ON WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 2016

I link up with WAITING ON WEDNESDAY, hosted by Breaking the Spine, on the first Wednesday of every month and show you two books I am highly anticipating!


YOUNG ADULT
DUOLOGY
ACTION/THRILLER
SUPERPOWERS?
PUBLISHES OCTOBER 1ST

▪▪▪

The first book in this duology, TABULA RASA, was recommended to me by three different authors. They knew it wasn't a preferred genre of mine, Action/Thriller, but as I have pointed out before, I get rec'd some different books because they know I review based on how well a book works within its own genre, and not by my personal preferences. I not only thought it was a fab action based story, but I loved it myself!
There was a HUGE time gap between Tabula Rasa and this sequel because EdgemontUSA was the publisher and EdgemontUK closed that imprint. Until earlier this year the author thought there was no hope of getting the sequel published, but here it is, and I am delighted. I have an ARC, but I am going to wait until closer to the publishing date to read it.
There was some hinting about superpowers in Tabula Rasa, but I was never quite sure, so I am excited to see if that develops, or not!

/ 
 GOODREADS
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY/ISSUES
PUBLISHES OCTOBER 4TH
▪▪▪
I was also recommended a previous title of this author's by the same trio above, and for the same reasons. At that point in time I did not read Contemporary YA at all. I read Devine's book PRESS PLAY and loved it. In fact, it is the story that made me realize I didn't mind Contemp YA if it is solidly issue related. I also have an ARC of this one and will be reading it closer to its pub date.
What are you waiting on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.