Thursday, August 4, 2016

THURSDAY TAG - The Bookish Time Travel Tag

THE BOOKISH TIME TRAVEL TAG

This tag originated on THE LIBRARY LIZARD. I saw it on Greg's blog, BOOK HAVEN, and loved it so much I decided to do it myself!


1. What is your favorite historical setting for a book? The 1950s - 1960s; although I haven't read that many. The books that do come to mind are THE OUTSIDERS, PEYTON PLACE, RETURN TO PEYTON PLACE, THE BLACKBOARD JUNGLE, VALLEY OF THE DOLLS, and A WRINKLE IN TIME.


2. What writers would you like to travel back in time to meet?  Harper Lee, Kurt Vonnegut, and Charlotte Brontë.

3. What books would you travel back in time and give your younger self? Hands down the ANNE OF GREEN GABLES SERIES! I have no idea how I didn't know the books existed until I was 29 years old. I would specifically give them to my early twenties self to read on the road instead of those horrible "naughty stewardess" Harlequin Romance paperbacks I read at that time. Ha ha!


4. What books would you travel forward in time to give your older self? The ANNE OF GREEN GABLES SERIES! Heh heh. I am doing that now in a way. I recently did a read-a-long of the first book and realized how I am appreciating them so much more now at almost 60 than I did at almost 3O years old. I think it is because the "stop and smell the roses" and "appreciate the little things" sentiments resonate with me more at this age.

5. What is your favorite futuristic setting from a book? The space station Yertina Feray in the TIN STAR dulogy. All of the sections of the ship are wonderfully detailed. The storyline is fabulous, too!


6. What is your favorite book set in a different time period? My favorite book of all time is TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD. It is set during The Great Depression, 1933-35.

7. Do you ever skip ahead to the end of a book to see what happens? Only if I am going to DNF it. 

8. If you had a time turner where would you go and what would you do? I would go back and watch a day that I spent with both my father and my grandmother, all three of us together. 


9. Favorite book that includes time travel or takes place in multiple time periods? This is easy because I do not like time travel stories, but I loved THE TIME MACHINE. I adored both of the movies, too!

10. What book/series would you like to go back in time to experience reading for the first time again? This is a close one between A WRINKLE IN TIME, TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, and the HARRY POTTER books, but I will say Wrinkle because it ignited my love of Science Fiction.
As usual.. I TAG YOU ALL! Ha ha. If you liked this tag please do it! Make sure you link back HERE and to THE LIBRARY LIZARD if you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.