Wednesday, June 22, 2022

TELL ME (T)WEDNESDAY #380 - Last. Now. Next. #AmReading

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY
ON WEDNESDAY, HEH

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!




2022 A YEAR OF BLACK AND NATIVE AMERICAN AUTHORS





★★★★
(4.5)
YOUNG ADULT
SERIES BOOK THREE
FANTASY
DISABLED MAIN CHARACTER
Publishes July 22nd 2022 - NetGalley UK DRC
This the final title in the Dauntless Path series which started with one of my favorite books ever, Thorn. I loved most of the story and it tied the series up really well. The .5 star deduction comes from the strange marital romance (sex) conversations which, according to the acknowledments, were a suggestion from a beta reader, and the repeated weapons violence by the female MC. As many of you know I'm not a fan of weapon violence by female main characters in Young Adult books; I think it's better when they use their brain, words, and physical prowess. To be honest there was too much violence in the story for my liking, period. I probably will go back and give it four stars (4.5) on Goodreads when it has more ratings; someone rated it one star way back in December when there weren't even any eARCs available and I wanted to absorb some of that for now. I still loved the story, but not as much as the previous titles.


 GOODREADS
★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
JAMAICAN CULTURE
FOUND FAMILY
THE HUMAN CONDITION
Published 2020 - Hoopla Borrow
You know how I love stories about found family and the human condition. This book did not disappoint. It was my first title for Caribbean American Heritage Month. Which cover do you like better?


★★★★
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
JAMACIAN LIFE
COLONIALISM
LGBTQ
Published 2016 - Hoopla Borrow



GOODREADS
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
HISTORICAL FICTION ELEMENTS
JAMAICAN CULTURE
Published 2020 - Own Ebook
NONFICTION
MEMOIR
RACE RELATIONS
RACISM - IMMIGRATION
Published February 2021 - Hoopla Borrow
This will most likely be my last book for Caribbean American Heritage Month.



What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.