Sunday, October 15, 2017

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #135

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTY-FIVE

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
AUTUMNAL VIBE COVERS
Photos From My Bookshelves

COVER CONVERSATIONS
BOOK COVER SPOTLIGHT
Do you like Retro Covers?

Please drop by and see the photos I took for my Top Ten Tuesday post. Kindle doesn't have a proper IG app, so my blog is the only place I can show photos. I guess I could get my Tumblr up and running again. The old Kindle I was using kept shutting down while I was drafting the TTT post and it didn't get posted until late the next day. I was in tears by the time I finished. My new 10 inch Kindle arrived on Friday, so things will be easier now. I named it Marsha Marsha Marsha. Ha ha. My son had no clue why because he had never watched the Brady Bunch!

I received more birthday presents since last week!
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG sent me a coaster (inside joke), a wonderful bookmark, a book we had talked about that I can put in my local Little Free Library when I am done reading it, and a beautiful Gretsch White Falcon hardcover journal! This will probably be the only White Falcon (my holy grail) that I will ever own because they cost almost $4,000. Ha! Thank you so much, Jolene. You shouldn't have (but I am so happy you did)!

Campus was pretty on Monday, and...
 
I had a nice walk at a local park.

I practiced a little bit, but so little that I am not proud of myself. However next week... it's on like Donkey Kong!
When I finally get into the swing of things I am going to be doing metal covers of older movie themes, pre '80s. I will be calling it, who would have guessed... Martini Metal. Heh heh.
What do you think about a t-shirt? Ha!
And of course you need your weekly dose of my tabs/lessons guy, 331EROCK. I guess internet musicians are getting the shaft from YouTube, as of late, because they instituted a new algorithm based on how many times a tuber uploads content a week. Eric only uploads a Meets Metal video once a week because it takes 30+ hours to compose, lay down the multiple tracks, mix the audio, tape the video, and edit it all. With posting once a week only .5 of his subscribers get an email notification that he has uploaded. So in doing this YouTube is rewarding the tubers that make cheesy, quick, slapped together videos which can be posted several times a week. Ugh, between Twitter, to Facebook and Instagram, and now YouTube I curse the word algorithm.
Here's a nice haunting Halloween tune from the Silent Hill movie... Laura's Theme.

EBOOK
I don't usually post the Children's picture books I get, but this one is by John Lennon's son and it is about the environment. A portion of the proceeds go to an environmental group. It was still $1.99 at the time of this posting.

EDELWEISS
I requested this title before I knew this was the author who led the pitchforks and torches Twitter mob against the author of The Black Witch. I don't know if I should read it, or not, because I don't know if I can separate my feelings about what she did from her writing. It was very dishonest posting quotes out of context and presenting them in a way that made people think The Black Witch was promoting racism when it is actually pointing out how bad it is. I would love to know why she picked that specific author to try and destroy her career. It publishes in 2018.

I didn't care for this author's first book, Of Fire and Stars, but I really like Audrey as a person, so I am going to give this one a whirl and see what happens. It is YA and it publishes in March.

This YA publishes in March.

This Middle Grade publishes in February.
I requested these before I decided to do a no new ArCs 2018.

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
TOP TEN
Food in Books

THURSDAY TAG
THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD

COVER CONVERSATIONS

*And I promise to get a 52 Pins post up at some time when I can find enough sunshine minutes to take photos!
Have a extraordinary week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.