Tuesday, November 28, 2023

TELL ME TUESDAY #407 - Last. Now. Next. - November Reading Wrap-Up - Tidbits #BookBlog #Books #SciFiMonth #Reading #AmReading #iRead

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVEN
NOVEMBER READING WRAP-UP
*tidbits*

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your TBR pile, and why.
I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


ONE BOOK A WEEK
I'm still trying to keep my reading down to one book a week, but I'm nine books ahead at this point.

NOVEMBER'S READING THEME
SCI-FI MONTH



★★
(2.5)
ADULT FICTION
ALEX STERN SERIES TWO
PARANORMAL FANTASY
DEMONS - WITCHES
Published January 2023 - Libby Borrow
I'm glad I decided to read this after not caring for Ninth House, but only because I needed to know what happened to Darlington. Ha ha. After a strong start the story started to sink around forty percent and by sixty percent had gotten ridiculous. It became repetitive and I was constantly wincing about disconnected similes. It became more and more like over-the-top YA, and even dipped into a sort of Middle Grade, Harry Potter type world a couple of times. That was just weird. I did find out what happened to Darlington, and the rest of the books seem like they are going to be about the surviving "coven" fighting a different monster together in each story, so I am relieved I don't have to read anymore of the series.

★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
VIDEO GAMING
PHYSICAL DISABILITY
FRIENDS/RELATIONSHIPS/FAMILY
Published July 2022 - Libby Borrow
I rated this book for what it was supposed to be... not what I wanted it to be. It wasn't what I was expecting from this author; I have read most of her other books, including Young Adult titles, and this was definitely a borderline new popular adult "easy reader" novel. However, she managed to pack it full of relevant messages about true art and music not being about money, among other things, and there were wonderful relationships between family members... including grandparents. If I was rating this book for myself it would have been a straight up four stars.

GOODREADS
★★
(2.5)
ADULT FICTION
MURDERBOT DIARIES SEVEN
SCIENCE FICTION
ROBOTS/AI/BIO-ENHANCED ROBOTS
Published November 13th 2023 - NetGalley ARC
This was my first Sci-Fi Month title. My three star ratings usually mean the book was okay and I'm not sorry I read it, but I was a bit sorry I read this one because the first half was dull and lifeless, and the second half was repetitive. A lot of it felt like a rehash of the other books in the series. I do like how seeing life through a sentient robot's eyes gives the reader a no BS view of the human condition and its associated anxieties/depressions/worries/sadness. It points out that instead of wallowing in one's problems that a person should try different approaches and thinking patterns.
I want to point out that I'm not always disappointed in the Murderbot books...
ALL SYSTEMS RED ★★★  (2.5)
ARTIFICIAL CONDITION ★★
ROGUE PROTOCOL ★ (3.5)
EXIT STRATEGY 
NETWORK EFFECT ★★★★ (4.5)
FUGITIVE TELEMETRY ★★★★ (4.5)
SYSTEM COLLAPSE ★★★  (2.5)


CLASSIC
SERIES ONE
COMING OF AGE
FEMINISM
FAMILY/FRIENDSHIP
GRIEF
POVERTY
Published 1868 - Own Ebook and Hardcovers
I read this once as a teenager and regrettably didn't read it again until a couple of years ago. It was very comforting. I decided I would re-read it every year starting on Thanksgiving Day because its story is mostly about gratitude and cherishing the small things that make you happy. Somehow I forgot about it last year. I plan on reading it here and there until I finish sometime in December.


NONFICTION
DUNE HISTORY
Published September 26th 2023 - Edelweiss DRC
This is technically my second Sci-Fi Month title, but there is no way I will finish it before the end of the month. I am super excited to read it because I am a HUGE Dune series fan.


OCTOBER READING WRAP-UP


BOOKS READ
THREE

ARCS
ONE

PHYSICAL BOOKS
NONE

EBOOKS
ONE

AUDIOBOOKS
TWO

MANGA - GRAPHIC NOVELS - COMICS
NONE

MIDDLE GRADE
NONE

YOUNG ADULT
NONE

ADULT FICTION
THREE

NONFICTION
NONE

RE-READ
NONE

FAVORITE NOVEMBER READ
★★★★
(4.5)


2023
YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
BOOKS READ
57
NONFICTION 9/6
NATIVE AMERICAN/FIRST NATIONS AUTHORS I/6
BACKLIST ARCS 2/6
CLASSICS 1/3
RE-READS 4/3
FREEBIES/99¢ KINDLE BOOKS 1/12
MIDDLE GRADE - 13
YOUNG ADULT - 2
ADULT FICTION - 33
NONFICTION - 9
GRAPHIC NOVELS/MANGA - 10
AUDIOBOOKS - 23
EBOOKS - 34
PHYSICAL COPIES - 0
BORROWED - 24
ARCS - 16



•tidbits•
AUTHENTIC
Merriam-Webster's Word of the Year


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.