Saturday, May 27, 2023

THE SATURDAY SOUP FIVE - A Spoonful of My Life - A Little Bit of May - Soup Recipe #RealLife #Soup Recipe

THE SATURDAY SOUP
FIVE
A SPOONFUL OF MY LIFE
SUBSTACK
FIVE THINGS
THE LITTLE LEMON TREE
AND A SOUP RECIPE

Welcome to The Saturday Soup! It's a floating feature I hope to post once or twice a month, but if I can't find the time there's no pressure. I will be giving a life update and sharing a soup recipe.



THE GODMOTHER OF PUNK
(standing next to her 1998 portrait, taken by Richard Avedon, during the opening of the Avedon 100 photography exhibit at the Gagosian Gallery in New York City, on May 4, 2023)
Have you ever heard of Substack? I hadn't until Patti Smith said on Instagram that she was going to be reading Uncle Wiggly stories there during the Super Bowl. I wanted to watch so I hopped over. There is a free tier and then different subscription levels. It's a bit like Patreon, but more writer/blogger focused. I love her free tier, so for me it's better than Patreon. I might even set up a blog there in the future because you get an automatic newsletter published. Right now I'm content with following Patti and looking for a few other deep thinkers to follow.

FIVE THINGS THAT MADE ME HAPPY

SPRING TEMPERATURES AND OPEN WINDOWS

MY NEW T-SHIRT


I FINALLY FIGURED OUT HOW TO GET RID OF THAT PHANTOM EXTRA SPACE BETWEEN MY POST HEADER IMAGE AND THE FIRST LINE OF TEXT!
The "p" should be "div" and the reason I couldn't figure it out was I was looking at the html between the header and the text. Why would it be at the beginning?


I finally hit 500 FOLLOWERS on Bookstagram! After five and a half years. Heh. As you can see I have started posting a Top Ten Tuesday to IG.


I only have McDonalds on Mother's Day and my birthday, and for the last two years there was a supply chain problem and there were no Filet-O-Fish, but they had it this Mother's Day! AND it's been YEARS since the shake machine was working on those days, but... IT WAS WORKING that day! They did, however, give Baz a vanilla shake instead of a chocolate shake, but I didn't care, ha ha! And yes, I did dip my fries in my shake!






There's a sad sad story about the little lemon tree my college housemate gifted to me for Yule many many years ago. It was one she grew herself from a seed. I'll tell that story once I am successful in growing another. I will keep you updated on its progress.









Have you ever tried to grow a lemon tree?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.