Tuesday, January 17, 2023

TELL ME TUESDAY #393 - Last. Now. Next. - New to the E-Queue #AmReading

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND NINETY-THREE
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE

 TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!






★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
SERIES BOOK THREE
FANTASY
WITCHES
LGBTQ
SOCIO-POLITICAL
Published February 2021 - Hoopla Borrow

★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
Published 1985 - Own Ebook
This was the book for my annual Vonnegut buddy read with my son. We usually read in November, but we squeezed it in at the end of December this year.

MY GOODREADS THOUGHTS
(1.5)
ADULT FICTION
SERIES ONE
SCIENCE FICTION
LGBTQ
MENTAL HEALTH
Published July 2021 - Hoopla Borrow
Dear gawd I am shattered because Chamber's novel The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet is in my top five books of a lifetime. This is basically one of those "all vibes, no plot" books which Tor has been touting. Some readers have been calling it "cozy" Sci-Fi, but honestly... I read a cozy to fill a reading challenge square a few years back and another to fill a Christmas themed prompt that same year, and calling this a cozy-like story is an insult to cozies because at least they have a solid plot. All I could think of when reading it was it is like a graphic novel with the artwork removed and the images described in words instead, and boringly described at that. The fact that this is a novella and the ebook is $12 adds to the insult. It was mind numbingly simple. Many adults who look down their noses at reading Middle Grade will read this garbage and praise it because social media deems it trendy. Read the MG instead and get a good layered plot, interesting setting descriptions, and some above beginner reading level vocabulary. Good grief. No wonder the publisher had so many physical ARCs of the sequel leftover. They were handing them out like candy, unsolicited. I think not many people were requesting it after reading this first book.

MY GOODREADS THOUGHTS
★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
SERIES SIX
SCIENCE FICTION
MYSTERY
AI
Published April 2021 - Hoopla Borrow
Another 160 page ebook novella selling for $12. This has been Well's MO since the beginning. I always wait for them to show up on Hoopla or as a $1.99 ebook special. Her full-length novel was the same price as the novellas. Weird.
I'm hit and miss with these Murderbot books. I really enjoyed this one!



ADULT FICTION
WAYFARERS SERIES ONE
SCIENCE FICTION
FOUND FAMILY
Published 2014 - Own Ebook
I am doing a buddy re-read of this with Greg from Book Haven, and Liis from Cover to Cover.

GOODREADS
MIDDLE GRADE
DRAGON RIDER SERIES ONE
FANTASY
FOUND FAMILY
Published 1997 - Library Overdrive Borrow
January is Dragon Daze and Robot Raves Month here on the blog and this is my dragon book. I've been wanting to start this series for a while.



NONFICTION
ENVIRONMENTALISM
NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE
Published 2003 - Hoopla Borrow
This is by the author who wrote Braiding Sweetgrass which was in my top five books for last year. I had set it aside for a bit because I wasn't in the mood for science-y Nonfiction, but I'm ready to dive in again!








These were all $1.99 Ebook deals...

THE KOREAN VEGAN COOKBOOK
*still $1.99 at time of posting*
*still $1.99 at time of posting*

The two cookbooks are now $18.99 and $19.99!
My college housemate had the original Joy of Cooking and we used it until it fell apart. I had always meant to buy one, but never did. I have borrowed it from the library a few times over the years. I'm looking forward to browsing through this updated version.



What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.