Wednesday, December 28, 2022

THE WEDNESDAY WITCH FIVE #Befana #LaBefana #MaryAndTheWitchsFlower

 
FIVE
BOOKS
THE KINGSTON CYCLE
by C.L. Polk
WITCHERY COOKERY
HONEY SPICE CAKE FOR LA BEFANA
MOVIE
MARY AND THE WITCH'S FLOWER

Hello, my magical mavens! It's Wednesday Witch time. This is a junction between my Toadstone & Bumbershoot posts and my La La in the Library posts; with a good helping of Fantasy book topics and quiet little everyday witch things.


GOODREADS
I loved this series! If you are wanting books with a snowy setting for your witchy winter reading you have found them. I think readers of Romance novels will love these.




LA BEFANA THE CHRISTMAS WITCH
Will La Befana leave you chocolates or a lump of coal on Epiphany (January 6th) Eve? January sixth is also Nollaig na mBan, Women's Christmas, in Ireland.




HONEY SPICE CAKE FOR LA BEFANA





MARY AND THE WITCH'S FLOWER
I watched this on Hulu. I loved the animation, but in the last half of the movie things got a bit wobbly and there were too many coincidences used to wrap things up. Also, a bit too scary at the end for the young ones. There were also a few very obvious borrows from Kiki's Delivery Service and Spirited Away.






Here's to a magical new year!
STAY MAGICAL MY FRIENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.