Saturday, August 20, 2022

STUFFING THE E-READER #StackingTheShelves #KindleBooks #Ebooks #AmReading

A NEW TO THE E-QUEUE ROUNDUP
STACKING THE SHELVES



Hello, my fellow library lions and book dragons! I used to do a regular ebook update on my Tell Me Tuesday feature, but I slacked off this year and have accumulated a scary amount of books on my Kindle. There are even way too many to comfortably list here... yes, I do think about your annoyance levels when I draft posts, ha ha. Therefore, I will be posting a truncated digital pile for your pursuing. I have been trying to start again with adding my current ebook purchases to TMTs with my New to the E-Queue section, but I'm sure I'll be needing to do a roundup again in the future. I'm linking up with Stacking the Shelves today.



I want to tell you about the nature of these books. I don't like spending more than $1.99 for an ebook. Recently I have conceded to the fact that $2.99 is the new $1.99 and have been paying that at times, and sometimes $3.99. However, if you are willing to wait a considerable amount of time there are still big publishing house authored books to be had for $1.99. A lot of people think you can only find self-pub and indie ebooks for under $5.00, but that's not true. People have told me they hate the discount ebooks email sites, but you don't have to go that route!

Several years ago one of my book blogging buddies, who sadly isn't blogging any longer, told me about her method of finding those deep discount Kindle deals. Following her advice, I started an Amazon wishlist for all the ebooks I wanted. Every two or three days I check it for sales by clicking the filter dropdown menu, and clicking "Price (low to high)."


Oh yes, I'm seeing two that I want, but first I'll check Hoopla and Overdrive/Libby to make sure they haven't been added, since I put these books on the list. See... no more sifting through daily emails of irrelevant discounted ebooks!
Now on to my purchases which were most likely $1.99 and below. I do find 99¢ deals on popular books from time to time, and I have paid $4.99 for popular series books like the Discworld books and the Septimus Heap/Todd Hunter Moon books you'll be seeing listed. I completed both of those series on my Kindle only paying $3.99-$4.99 per ebook.







 

STARCHASER - SEPTIMUS HEAP

CEMETERY SONGS

MAKING MONEY - DISCWORLD

*Blogger doing its wonky spacing thing*




These Discworld novels were all $4.99 ebooks. They are regularly $7.99. If you see one on sale, check the others because they tend to all get discounted at the same time. Before I purchased the entire series I had a separate wishlist for them. These tend to not stay at sale prices for very long. I bought all of these at the same time!

















As I was going to the books' Goodreads pages I saw that most of these cost $7.99-$17.99 now, so it's well worth making a wishlist and grabbing those $1.99-$2.99 deals when they happen!



Do you like hunting for ebook deals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.