Saturday, June 4, 2022

TOADSTONE & BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY AND MAGICAL LIVING - 2022 Spring Gardening Edition #MagicalVegetables #WitchyWonderful

2022 SPRING GARDENING EDITION
WITCHY WONDERFUL VEGETABLE GARDENS
SCAREWITCHES & FENCING

Greetings, my witchy wonderful magical mavens! This is a sister blog feature for my popular Facebook page TOADSTONE & BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY and MAGICAL LIVING. My followers asked for it, and so it was granted! Jump on your broomstick and fly on over to Facebook and join in on all the fun we have; especially during the fall and winter holidays!




I have an infestation of nargles over on the Facebook page... I cannot add new photos to any of the albums (it's the same on my other FB pages, too). It has been an especially inconvenient time for this to happen because I was adding to the gardening albums in preparation for planting season. To remedy this I decided to make both Pinterest boards and this special edition post, but I fear it will have to be inspiration for next year because we are past starting seed times for most things.


WITCHY WONDERFUL VEGETABLE GARDEN


Every magical veggie garden needs a scarecrow, or should I say scarewitch, ha ha. I had not thought of this before! I will be working on one over the winter for next year. Does anyone want to join me? If I get enough interest I'll have a contest and give away some magical vegetable and flower seeds, and maybe some garden markers.


source PINTEREST no attribution given
I love this witchy looking fencing. Instead of a bird house a similar looking storage box for small gardening tools and gloves would be nice.


You could make a box and attach a fairy door like this on hinges for your fence post tool shed.


Of course this would be lovely in a flower garden, but it would be absolutely bewitching in a veggie patch!


image source

diy image source

diy image source
Why yes, I am going to put painted eyeball rocks amongst the veggies next year!






TWENTY-SEVEN PURPLE TOMATO VARIETIES
You cannot get much witchier than purple cherry tomatoes! There are other dark varieties such as indigo blue shades and black.



Look at these gorgeous savoy cabbage wraps! One of the best reasons for planting a magical garden is to have amazing fruit and vegetable ingredients for witchery cookery. I hardly ever come across any of this bewitching produce in mundane grocery stores.


ROW 7 SEEDS


HOW TO GROW CUCAMELONS


If these don't look like they belong in a witch's garden, I don't know what does!






FIVE REASONS TO GROW HEIRLOOM SEEDS





SEE MORE MAGICAL VEGETABLES AND FRUITS
ON PINTEREST
I add new ideas a couple of times a week!

ROASTED PURPLE CARROTS
COMING SOON
Another post in my magical world immersion living series, cooking with magical vegetables and fruits!







Stay magical, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.