Sunday, December 12, 2021

LOOKING FORWARD 2022 - Themes. Challenges. Features. Reading Goals. #Reading

LOOKING FORWARD
2022
THEMES - CHALLENGES - FEATURES
READING GOALS

Let's look at what I have planned for the new year!


BIPOC AUTHORS
(Black and Indigenous People of Color)
I'm going to be reading all BIPOC authors in 2022. Except for re-reading the Marie Kondo book for my new feature No Kondo, Marie!, and a couple of other Nonfiction books. I don't think any of my favorite authors have ARCs coming out, but if they do those will also be an exception to the rule.



I'm following my usual monthly themes with a few tweaks here and there.

JANUARY
DRAGONS
I still don't have any books by BIPOC authors with dragons in them. I might have to cheat a little and substitute the Tea Dragon Society graphic novels, which have Black representation in them. If you know of any please let me know.


FEBRUARY
BLACK HISTORY MONTH
I'll be reading Historical Fiction as well as Nonfiction titles.


MARCH
WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH
Reading women authors and books about Feminism.


APRIL
Seeing that Pride Month is in June and that's Carib-A-Thon month, I'm going to be reading LGBTQ titles in April because it's Diversity Month. I think all the N.K. Jemisin novels have LGBT representation.


MAY
May is Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month, so I will be reading stories about Hawaii and its native Polynesian population.


JUNE
CARIB-A-THON
Carib-A-Thon runs for ten days, but this year I'll be reading books by Caribbean authors all month long because it's National Caribbean-American Heritage Month! I also want to cook some Caribbean food and get takeout from a couple of the local Caribbean eateries.


JULY
SUMMER IN THE CITY
Reading stories set in New York City.


AUGUST
DOG DAYS OF SUMMER
NATIVE AMERICAN HISTORY
I think I will be able to find at least one book authored by a Native American with a dog in it!
August 9th is World Indigenous People's Day and August 14th is National Navajo Code Talkers Day, so seeing November is SciFi Month as well as Native American History Month, I have decided to dedicate August to reading Native American Historical Fiction and Nofiction history books.


SEPTEMBER
WITCHES
I have two on my TBR, but I'm requesting suggestions.
I've already read Akata Witch.


OCTOBER
HORROR
I'd love some recommendations.


NOVEMBER
SCIFI MONTH
I think I have enough BIPOC Sci-Fi authors, but... just in case leave your suggestions in the comments.


DECEMBER
CATCH-UP MONTH




ONE A MONTH NATIVE AMERICAN AUTHORS
ONE A MONTH MIDDLE GRADE
ONE A MONTH NONFICTION
SIX RE-READS
FOUR ANTIRACISM NONFICTION


CARIB-A-THON
ANTI BULLY READ-A-THON




TELL ME TUESDAY
Good old TMT. The feature that keeps me afloat when I don't want to blog. Can you believe at one point I had seven bloggers who used to join in? Ha! It was originally co-hosted, too! After my Harry Potter themed posts, and Show and Tell unboxings, it gets the most views. My first TMT was posted June 3rd 2014

TOADSTONE AND BUMBERSHOOT'S WITCHERY COOKERY AND MAGICAL LIVING
My monthly blog views were slipping below 5K at times this year, so I decided to bring back T&B. It gets over 1K hits in a month and it, and The Snidget, are the only posts which garner a significant amount of new views over the course of the year (and beyond). The first The Snidget I posted on September 1st 2018, a Back To Hogwarts edition, stands at 3,783 views and the first Bumbershoot's Christmas holiday edition, from December 2018, is at 1,889 views.

THE SNIDGET
Next year it will be quarterly, sharing a schedule slot with the Kondo feature, and miscellaneous posts. If you don't remember, it's a Harry Potter news bulletin.

SHOW AND TELL
I've been doing this one monthly for my Daily Goodie Box unboxings, but next year I will also be doing a second post for Etsy shops I love, Thrive Market, and items I have purchased from the internet with which I was less than thrilled.

FURS-DAY FEATURE
A monthly post that is all about animals; even feathered, scaly, shelled, and slimy ones! This feature and First Friday Five only draw in about 80 views a month, but they are fun to do and I hope they'll start being a bit more popular the longer I'm publishing them. I'm going to start adding a novel with an animal character in it, or a Nonfiction book about animals each month from now on.

FIRST FRIDAY FIVE
Join me for a list, or two, of random things the first Friday of every month.

TURNING THE PAGE
I'm also going to be bringing back my monthly wrap-up feature, but if there's not much happening it might be a two month wrap-up sometimes.

NO KONDO, MARIE!
Why I can't get onboard with the KonMarie Method, chapter by chapter, and what I do instead. This will be a quarterly post.

THE BOOK DIARIES
Physical book inventory posts, bookshelf tours, STS book hauls, and The Kondo 30 mini-series. This will be posted on random Saturdays.

MISCELLANEOUS POSTS
CHIT CHAT
CONVERSATIONS
CAULDRON CONVERSATIONS
ANTISOCIAL MEDIA
THE WELL WITCH - THE GREEN WITCH
NOT A BOOK REVIEW, BOOK REVIEW
REWIND REVIEW


I will only be posting two or three times a week.

MONDAY
ACTIVITY
Drafting posts.
POST TYPE
Not a Book Review, Book Review/Rewind Review

• 

TUESDAY
ACTIVITY
Instagram commenting on Bookstagram.
POST TYPE
Tell Me Tuesday


WEDNESDAY
ACTIVITY
Blog hopping and drafting posts.
POST TYPE
None.


THURSDAY
ACTIVITY
Watching Harry Potter collectors' vlogs, and Instagram commenting on Pottergram.
POST TYPE
Show and Tell/Furs-Day Feature/Miscellaneous.


FRIDAY
ACTIVITY
Goodreads.
POST TYPE
First Friday Five/The Snidget/No Kondo, Marie!/Miscellaneous


SATURDAY
ACTIVITY
Instagram commenting on Bookstagram.
POST TYPE
Toadstone and Bumbershoot/The Book Diaries/Miscellaneous


SUNDAY
ACTIVITY
Blog hopping, and commenting on Pottergram.
POST TYPE
Turning the Page



What are your blogging plans for 2022?
What reading challenges are you taking on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.