Wednesday, April 29, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #296

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY-SIX

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!





★★★★★
Greg from BOOK HAVEN is hosting a read-along of this classic. Greg and I have finished, but the book is a quick read and I would love to discuss it with as many people as possible, so please consider joining us! Greg will be posting some discussion questions, soon. It was written in 1933, but the story is relatable to current times. This was a re-read for me and my rating remained at five stars.


NONFICTION
FOOD - HEALTH SCIENCE
Published April 14th 2020 - Netgalley
This is my Nonfiction for April. The book is scholarly, yet humorous. I have learned how cyanide kills, and that in the Middle Ages people would catch mice and preserve them in jars of honey as snacks. Yuck!


ADULT FICTION
HISTORICAL
STANDALONE
Published 1962 - Hoopla Borrow
May is Health and Mental Health Month, so this is one of the mental health books I will be reading. This story is credited with shining a light on the conditions in psychiatric facilities of that time which resulted in sweeping changes in treatments.

OTHER TITLES I WILL BE READING FOR MENTAL HEALTH MONTH
(my Nonfiction for the month)
I also wanted to read I NEVER PROMISED YOU A ROSE GARDEN because I remember reading it in my teens, but I can only find physical books. I am still searching, though.
If you have any other suggestions for me, please leave them in the comments.

What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.