Tuesday, May 14, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #248 - Last. Now. Next. - Top Ten


TELL ME TUESDAY #247 - Last. Now. Next. - My Weekly Pull - April Reading Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY-EIGHT
TOP TEN


TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT


(0)
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
MENTAL HEALTH
Published March 5th - Edelweiss
This book was a mess, and ended up adding even more stigma to schizophrenia. The two reviewers who have experience with the professional side of mental health services rated it badly, too, as well as one other who has a personal connection to schizophrenia. The author said in his introduction that he felt okay about writing a character with schizophrenia because he himself had OCD as a teenager. I don't understand the connection. People who have no first hand experience with people who are schizophrenic need to stop writing main characters with the disorder. Period.

★★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT
(NEW ADULT)
GRAPHIC NOVEL
CONTEMPORARY
COLLEGE LIFE
Borrowed from Hoopla.
I love and adore this series!I

★★★
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
THRILLER/MYSTERY/HORROR
 Published April 30th - Netgalley
Meh.

★★
(2.5)
MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
FAMILY/FRIENDSHIP/HONESTY
MENTAL HEALTH/DRUG ABUSE
Published March 26th - Netgalley
The first half was boring drivel, but it picked up in the second half. However, like I always say... if kids drop it like a hot potato in the beginning because they are disinterested, what good is it? Also, in the second half a concept was changed to accommodate two instances, but it made no sense and made the concept void, and it was a major concept. The way the author writes dialogue is awkward, too.


ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
Published March 25th - Netgalley
My current ARC.

NONFICTION
MENTAL HEATH
Published 2012 - Owned
My Nonfiction for this month and fits my health and mental health theme for this month.


YOUNG ADULT?
STANDALONE
 HISTORICAL FICTION 1980s
AUSTRALIA
CULTURAL/POVERTY
Published April 2nd - Netgalley
This will be my next ARC. I have a question mark after YA because even though it is a coming of age story, no one has it shelved as YA.

GOODREADS
GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES
Borrowed from Hoopla



HOSTED BY
BOOKS I THINK WOULD MAKE GREAT ANIME

I still have to finish reading Ptolemy's Gate for Dancing with Books' FIFTEEN YEARS OF BARTIMAEUS READALONG. The Djinnis in this series in their multiple forms alone would be a treasure trove of imagery!

This Middle Grade was everything! All the Japanese woodland spirits would be an anime treat for the eyes! Infact, when I was reading it I saw it as anime in my mind's eye.

This is a Middle Grade retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk, and there are many different kinds of giants described. I think they would be an animator's dream come true!




These book trailers should give you an idea how fabulous this series would be as an anime!



My son and I must have been exchanging brainwaves last night because when I started thinking about this anime top ten topic he messaged me this link. Ha ha. It's an interesting article!

What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.