Tuesday, May 7, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #247 - Last. Now. Next. - My Weekly Pull - April Reading Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY-FORTY-SEVEN
MY WEEKLY PULL
APRIL READING WRAP-UP


TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

LAST WEEK'S TMT



★★★★★
(4.5)
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
SCIFI/DYSTOPIC
AUTISM
Published March 2016 - Owned
This book was so good, and the autistic character was very well written. The author didn't make the character's symptoms over the top for drama. This is one book I am hoping will have a sequel someday. It's also a SciFi book for the DANCING WITH SCIFI AND FANTASY READING CHALLENGE.


★★★★★
(4.5)
MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
ISSUE RELATED
LGBTQ+
Published April 5th - NetGalley
I was worried about this as a Middle Grade story at first because the MC was thirteen and the Netgalley summary made it sound like she was trying to decide whether she liked boys enough to have sex with her friend, but although it was about sexuality, it wasn't about sex; which proves MG stories can be written with those budding amorous feelings included, without making things sexual. The writing was fabulous, too. Plus... they ate peanut butter and mayo sandwiches, I LOVE peanut butter and mayo sandwiches! Everyone else I know thinks they are disgusting, including my son. Ha ha. They put lettuce on theirs, so I'm going to try their version, soon. The MC also understood how comforting the smell of a horse's velvety nose is.



GOODREADS
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
MENTAL HEALTH
Published March 5th - Edelweiss
This book is horrible. The writing is sloppy, and I knew the story itself was going to be bogus when the author made a million excuses and justifications for the mental illness portrayals in the introduction. He was comparing OCD to autism when autism isn't a mental illness, and he said he felt good about writing a schizophrenic main character because he had severe OCD as a teenager. What? *huge eye roll*  This is also another story where every character has every symptom known to medical science, and to the most severe degree for the drama of it. I have started skim reading.



MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.I

GOODREADS
Thank goodness I have these fabulous graphic novels to get me out of the slump I know my current read is going to put me in. I want to hug them all!




TEN BOOKS
AVERAGE STAR RATING ★★★

  DIVERSITY MONTH READS = 4
CURRENT ARCS = 2

MONTHLY STRIVE FORS
BACKLIST ARCS = 0 - 3/12
NEWBERY CHALLENGE = 0 - 0/12
NONFICTION = 1 - 5/12
KINDLE FREEBIES = 0 - 1/24

THIS MONTH & YEAR-TO-DATE TOTALS
ARCS = 2 TOTAL 16
BACKLIST = 7 TOTAL 21
A TO Z COUNTRIES = 1 TOTAL 6/26
THE NETHERLANDS
DIVERSE/ISSUES = 6 TOTAL 23

LIBRARY/HOOPLA = 4 TOTAL 13
EBOOK = 7 TOTAL 22
PHYSICAL = 0 TOTAL 2
AUDIOBOOK = 3 TOTAL 12

I will have my four month challenges, and bingo cards updates post ready to go on Thursday!

What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.