Friday, April 5, 2019

LOOKING FORWARD - April 2019 - Diversity Month

APRIL 2019 EDITION
DIVERSITY MONTH


DIVERSITY MONTH
I will be focusing on gender issues and autism stories.

YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
SCIFI/DYSTOPIC
AUTISM
I am genuinely looking forward to reading this title. It combines my blog's monthly theme and my favorite genre, Science Fiction! it also counts towards the DANCING WITH SCIFI AND FANTASY READING CHALLENGE.


I also hope to do a CONVERSATIONS blog post about my childhood growing up gender free range, a bit different than gender free, and how we raised my son that way, too. I need to find some photos which will require digging through the storage room, and I don't know if my current, although much better, health situation will allow it. And also a CHIT CHAT post about my autistic nephew. The one who helps me grocery shop and draws the anime images you see on Instagram.



DEWEY'S is this Saturday, April 6th! It snuck up on me, but I'm going to do it. I will be listening to my audiobook of THE PASSAGE. It's 37+ hours long, but I generally listen to audiobooks on 1.5-2X speed, so it's doable. I listened to 1Q84 by Haruki Murakami last April for Deweys, and that book was 46+ hours and I finished it in 22 hours. I wanted to start a tradition of reading Murakami for all the Dewey's Read-A-Thons, but Hoopla only had 16 hours worth of his audios. I guess the tradition will have to be reading tomes instead, ha ha.



ORDINARY WIZARDING LEVELS
I am going to try and catch up with the O.W.L.'S READING CHALLENGE hosted by BOOK ROAST during the month of April.


I am choosing to do the magical career path exams!


 Near the end of the month I will have a 2019 READING CHALLENGES update post, complete with bingo card progress!



Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG and I are giving our Easter Chick-Off another go. I don't think it will take much for me to do better. Ha! Do any of you want to join us? I think next year we should make cookies or cupcakes.


What shenanigans are you up to in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.