Tuesday, March 5, 2019

TELL ME TUESDAY #238 - Last. Now. Next. - February Reading Wrap

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY-EIGHT
MY WEEKLY PULL

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!

YOUNG ADULT
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
FAMILY - FRIENDSHIP
MENTAL HEALTH
Publishes February 26th - Netgalley
Once again I am disappointed by a Zentner book after his fabulous first YA novel THE SERPENT KING. While his second book suffered from a flimsy, almost unbelievable premise, this book is wholey abysmal. The characters are like comical cartoon characters, and present US teens as silly and airheaded. The similes and metaphors are eye-rollers, too

★★★★
MEMOIR
BLACK CULTURE
Hoopla Audio
This was my last Black History Month read. This is a memoir of a biracial woman living in the US. I think it's important to seek out the narratives of mixed race persons because as my ex's grandfather always said, he felt my mother-in-law had a worse situatation in life because she had to deal with prejudices from both Black and White people.




NONFICTION
BIOGRAPHY/MEMOIR
I started reading this along with Karen, one of my favorite booktubers, from RUNWRIGHT READS for Black History Month. She is reading Maya Angelou's I KNOW WHY THE CAGED BIRD SINGS on her YouTube channel. I have been meaning to read this book FOR-EV-ER and this is an extra special way to experience it. You can access the playlist: HERE. We are on chapter twenty. The Read along still fits my Women's History Month theme for March.

MEMOIR
MUSIC - DANCE
PUERTO RICAN CULTURE
I didn't know it, but this would turn out to be the perfect book to kick off my woman-centric reading for Women's History Month! I thought it was going to be specific to her time with Prince and their marriage, but she also recounts her childhood and how belly dancing empowered her as an outcast in school. The Kindle ebook is only $3.49 and it's worth every penny!




YOUNG ADULT
THE DARKEST MINDS #4
DYSTOPIAN
I am going to be starting this for my buddy read with Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS. I'm starting it late because I got backed up with ARCs last month!

GOODREADS
MEMOIR
WOMEN'S ISSUES
Published January 22nd - Netgalley
This is my next ARC. It published in January, as you can see, but I didn't get it until after the pub date, so I don't feel bad about saving it for Woman's History Month.





MANGA. COMICS. GRAPHIC NOVELS.
Drop by Lindsi's blog on Wednesdays! There's a linky.

GRAPHIC NOVEL
CLASSIC
RACISM
Published October 2018 - Edelweiss
I finally figured out how to download this to my laptop! All image heavy books (picture books, comics, manga, graphic novels) are usually Kindle friendly on EW, but not this one. I am going to read it today. 




THIRTEEN BOOKS

BLACK HISTORY MONTH = 7

CURRENT ARCS = 6

MONTHLY STRIVE FORS
BACKLIST ARCS = 1 - 1/12
NEWBERY CHALLENGE = 0 - 0/12
NONFICTION = 1 - 1/12
KINDLE FREEBIES = 0 - 0/24

THIS MONTH & YEAR-TO-DATE TOTALS
ARCS = 7 TOTAL 11
BACKLIST = 7 TOTAL 10
A TO Z COUNTRIES = 2 TOTAL 4/26
(Trinidad, China)
DIVERSE/ISSUES = 11 TOTAL 13
OWN VOICES AUTHORS = 6 TOTAL 7
WOMEN AUTHORS = 10 TOTAL 16
MEN AUTHORS = 3 TOTAL 4
MEN/WOMEN = 1 TOTAL 1
NON-BINARY AUTHORS = 0 TOTAL 0
ADULT FICTION = 6 TOTAL 11
YOUNG ADULT FICTION = 3 TOTAL 5
MIDDLE GRADE = 3 TOTAL 3/24
CHILDREN'S CHAPTER BOOK = 0 TOTAL 0
CLASSICS = 1 TOTAL 1
FANTASY = 0 TOTAL 6
SCIENCE FICTION = 3 TOTAL 3
HISTORICAL FICTION = 3 TOTAL 3
CONTEMPORARY = 5 TOTAL 5
BIOGRAPHY/MEMOIR = 1 TOTAL 1
SELF-HELP/INSTRUCTIONAL = 0 TOTAL 0
NONFICTION SCIENCE/HISTORY = 0 TOTAL 0
MANGA/COMIC/GRAPHIC NOVEL = 2 TOTAL 2
ANTHOLOGY = 0 TOTAL 0
RE-READ = 1 TOTAL 1
DNF = 0 TOTAL 0


LIBRARY/HOOPLA = 7 TOTAL 8
EBOOK = 5 TOTAL 10
PHYSICAL = 1 TOTAL 2
AUDIOBOOK = 7 TOTAL 8

THE READ HARDER CHALLENGE - 6/24
DANCING WITH SCIFI & FANTASY CHALLENGE
Fantasy 5/20
SciFi 3/20
RETELLINGS CHALLENGE - 1/11
HARRY POTTER CHALLENGE - level one completed
*I am going to do a separate post for these and the bingo cards near the end of March.

(no time limit)
NEWBERRY CHALLENGE - 12/97
A to Z COUNTRIES CHALLENGE - 4/26


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.