Saturday, March 2, 2019

POTTER CHAT - Harry Potter Book Night Recap

HARRY POTTER BOOK NIGHT RECAP

HARRY POTTER BOOK NIGHT was celebrated on February 7th, and along with the official #HarryPotterBookNight hashtag I asked you all to tag your photos on IG, Twitter, and Facebook with either #TheSnidget, or #WitcheryCookery, so I could share them here.
Jump on your broom and let's go!






Liesbet from ZWARTRAAFJE made QUEENIE'S APPLE STRUDEL to celebrate. It looks delicious and I might try my hand at it for Back to Hogwarts Day! Getting in the spirit of Hogwarts by dressing in HP themed attire was popular and she was representing in fine fashion with this fabulous witchcraft and wizardry print dress.






Cutie pie Merijn and his mom Annemieke, from A DANCE WITH BOOKS, made Honeyduke's famous COCKROACH CLUSTERS. Merijn is quite the little chef!

YUM! Another treat I will have to give a whirl on September 1st!






Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG donned her Hedwig jammies, made her favorite recipe for butterbeer (which I also made, see below), and read from Sorcerer's Stone. I love her souvenir Butterbeer mug from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!






This is what I read.

I wore the Ravenclaw socks Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG sent me for Christmas, and I drank my favorite black currant tea, you'll see below, from my Dobby mug. The tea in the photo cup was much too cold by the time I finished taking photos.

I put half and half and sugar in mine and it tastes like liquid candy. Mmm... I need to try vanilla coffee creamer in it!

I made TOM'S LEAKY CAULDRON PEA SOUP with an edemame and cashew garnish, and mini rosemary yorkshire puddings from the MAGICAL KITCHEN cookbook.

For dessert I made two versions of BUTTERBEER. One was made with cream soda and butter flavoring as per the recipe from BAKINGDOM, and one was a mixture suggested by our Potterhead buddy Jolene, from JO 'S BOOK BLOG, of cream soda and butterscotch ice cream topping.

The small bottle of butter flavoring was $4.00!
Anyway... Jolene's version made with butterscotch ice cream syrup was the best tasting for both my son and myself, but as she warned me, it was very sweet. The Bakingdom butter flavoring version was not quite sweet enough, so I mixed them together and the hybrid was the best. I just added ingredients to taste, so I have to make another batch and use measuring spoons. I'll have the recipe in a future Professor Bumbershoot's post. As is, the syrup version would make a wonderful vanilla ice cream float, and the butter flavoring version would be better if you were going to make a cocktail.

I also made a snack for later for when I was reading.





I know finding the time to celebrate Harry Potter Book Night as a community on a week day was difficult, so I have decided to start planning activities for BACK TO HOGWARTS DAY and the following week. I'm going to have a couple of giveaways and once again hope to have a hashtag photo celebration on social media, so stay tuned!

And remember, March 5th is HARRY POTTER COLLECTOR DAY. Take photos of your Harry Potter treasures and post them to social media with the hashtag #HarryPotterCollectorDay. Big or small we want to see them all!


When do you like to celebrate the Harry Potter books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.