Sunday, December 31, 2017

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS #146

NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY-SIX

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

COVER CONVERSATIONS


This is basically going to be a holiday wrap-up post, so here we go...
I asked Baz Manchild to get a toy for the cat's stocking. Heh heh. I finally learned how to roll with the tide this third year of my son working retail during the holidays. Did we get Chinese take-out on Christmas Eve as is our tradition, no, but we had my second favorite take-out. Did we play Scrabble, no, but he was home for the night and we did do a bit of book talk. It was nice.
Baz did a fab job with my stocking! I did get a little extra, though, because B&N didn't have the illustrated Fantastic Beasts. The handmade fudge from the specialty nut shop downtown was its crowning glory.
Only one book, Prisoner of Azkaban, was for Christmas. He owed me Chamber of Secrets from Mother's Day and still owes me Fantastic Beasts for my last birthday. I hope he doesn't make this triple gifting for Yule a habit!
And SUCCESS!
I finally found a t-shirt Baz will not wear out of the house! Oh, and that mug... it should say, "A NICE SMALL CUP OF NOPE," it is not very big.

ROLLING WITH THE TIDE

Did we have lasagna made with sauce from my favorite local Italian restaurant which is our tradition, no, but we had lasagna with store bought sauce. Did we have my homemade pizza dough garlic bread, no, I forgot that I didn't have any yeast... so we had garlic bagels. Ha ha. Was the salad lettuce a bit brown for some reason, yes, but our family recipe sweet dressing was on it, and thats all that mattered. And we all know the next best thing to cold pizza for breakfast is reheated lasagna!
There was also no time to get gelato, but we had tons of candy from our stockings. We even started a new tradition... Happy Merry cocktails: vodka, lemonade, pomegranate pips and an apple slice. They were yummy!
I realized at the end of the day it had been one of the best holidays ever.

Here is one of my new listening pleasures, and I wanted to share it with you. I would also like to find the gentleman with the grey streak in his long hair under my tree next year. Ha!

Baz paid the $5 to replace his outdated library card and got it all set up for me to borrow ebooks and audiobooks via the internet. I can even sign up for a NYPL card now! So many ebooks... so little time. This will save money because I won't have to buy $1.99 ebooks anymore, or wait for them to go on sale. 

How was your holiday and what are you doing for New Year's Eve?

I will be spending New Year's Eve trying to get my End-Of-Year-Survey finished and posted before midnight. There will also be martinis invloved!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.