Tuesday, December 5, 2017

TELL ME TUESDAY #174

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-FOUR
TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!

Joining us this week...
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!


Well... my November Vonnegut Read-A-Thon was a semi success. Two books read. My original goal was one a week, but my buddy read with my son, which was an unexpected event, went at a snail's pace because he only reads at lunch and during breaks at work. However, being able to buddy read with Baz makes up for two less books. We are doing it again next November. I also had to squeeze in two books for the annual November Anti-Bullying Read-A-Thon, so not too shabby.


ADULT MEMOIR
ISSUE RELATED - CHILD ABUSE
Publishes December 12th - Netgalley
No, I am not reading a book in French, ha ha, although that is on my agenda for next year. I feel this cover is more fitting than the one I have been using because it better conveys how dark and sinister the events in this story are. I thought the book would be more difficult for me to read because of my childhood, but although some things were similar like being yanked out of bed in the middle of the night to do chores and not being allowed to sit with my back against the back of a chair or sofa, my disciplines were more Mommy Dearest style; the rules and punishments in this book go far beyond that. It makes me realize how much worse situations can be.


ADULT HISTORICAL FICTION
FEMINISM
Publishes December 7th - Edelweiss ARC

INKDEATH, he will be going back to The Dresden Files with book four after he finishes.
And another Manchild and Mom buddy read! Baz attempted to read DUNE in 9th grade, but dnfed it. When I told him that I was going to be re-reading it during the VINTAGE SCIFI DUNE READ-A-LONG in January, he said he would give it another shot because he had intended to at some point anyway. I will be reading my new ebook and he will be reading the vintage early 1980s paperback from my box set. At the end we are all going to watch the DUNE movie and live tweet!
What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.