Sunday, July 26, 2015

THE SUNDAY POST #20



THE SUNDAY POST is a weekly feature hosted by Kimba at the Caffinated Book Reviewer. It is a chance to recap the previous week, share news, showcase books and/or bookish things we have received, and tell about what is coming up on our blog in the next week. You can view the guidelines, HERE.



THIS LAST WEEK



Where I ranted and pulled my hair out about THE WOLF WILDER.

It was about DIVERSE books this week and I added a GIVEAWAY of my favorite Diverse YA book ORLEANS in paperback, and some random swag from other books on the list!



This was my second MONTHLY BOOK HAUL wrap-up linking up with this feature.

Also on SATURDAY I went over 30,000 blog views! This made me happy because last year I wanted to have at least 10,000 views for my first blogversary, and I missed it by about 600 look sees. I secretly wished for 30,000 by my second blogversary, which is September 5th, and I actually made it this time.


DEALS AND STEALS

My favorite vampire book is on special for 99 cents as an ebook right now. I know you will fall in love with Lenny the stuttering vampire Physics teacher, who has a thing for electric blankets.



&

This is still going until the end of the month.



and

Both ebooks $2.00 each.
.

NEXT WEEK

 Hopefully I will finally have THE INFINITE review up. I have been fighting with trying to get any one of the three different html codes to work for me to put images side by side.

I also was tagged for an Alice in Wonderland themed post, so that will be up on Thursday

Plus, I might have a new monthly feature on Saturday where my sister, Aurie, reviews a book or series because her reading tastes are usually much different than mine: Romance, Historical Fiction and Mystery. She reads the Outlander books, and has also read all the Sookie Stackhouse  (Trueblood) books. I don't know what to call it yet.

And, as usual, Tell me Tuesday and Top Five Friday.


Don't forget to checkout my Orleans paperback and assorted diversity swag giveaway, HERE

Also keep an eye out next month for the adult coloring book and colored pencil set giveaway!


Have a terrific week!

16 comments:

  1. Pusheen likes toast! Ha ha. Hope you had a nice week, and a good one this week. I like the sound of your new feature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my sister has always wanted to blog, but her oldest son has Aspergers and she has two other teenage boys in high school, plus she lives with my mother and watches out for her (which is not for the fainthearted in itself, lol). We grocery shop together twice a month, and basically sll we talk about are books. I thought I would give her a small blogging outlet with hardly any of the work.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the page views... I find it really hard not to get bogged down in stats sometimes and even after blogging for over 6yrs mine are really low. But... then I try to remind myself why I started it in the first place.

    Hope you have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to get blog views and not follows because I think most of my audience comes from my Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook followers, who do not have regular blogs. My Bloglovin' is only 85 and my GFC is only 50 something. I have almost 600 twitter followers, and two Facebook pages that have a total of over 6,000 followers. I know last year a friend of mine had around 300 followers and had like 20 combined BLN' and GFC followers COMBINED, and I had more than twice her blog hits.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the Blog Views, that is a great number!

    Have a great week ahead!

    Heather | Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I have to make up for my poor Bloglovin' totals somehow. :)

      Delete
  4. Great news on the page views! What a lot of views. Looks like you had a good week. I will be checking out your posts this coming week, they look like good ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed last year because my blog follower totals were a disaster, too! Lol. At least one will be okay this year. I deal with mostly unsung hero books, so I want my audience LARGE.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on your blogoversary and your page views! It's always so fun to see the numbers rise. I'm curious about the Alice in Wonderland tag and how fun to have your sister add in some reviews to mix things up. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Wonderland tag is very interesting. I hope some of you will end up doing it. My follower numbers don't rise much, but I will take good page view numbers. :)

      Delete
  6. I don't often check out my stats as, even after blogging for many years, I still find it disheartening that I don't get many new followers. Love all of those cute gifs!

    Here's my Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/07/26/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-118-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only want the numbers so as many readers as possible see the under the radar books I have on the blog. That is what I blog for. :)

      Delete
  7. I haven't checked my stats in a while...truthfully I only do it when I update them on Netgalley or in request emails. I just hate numbers, and my traffic varies so much I'd go crazy trying to hit goals. Plus I get grumpy thinking about how low they can get when there is really nothing I want to change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY for reaching your views goal before your second blogoversary!! *high fives*

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.