Tuesday, July 14, 2015

TELL ME TUESDAY #52


TELL ME TUESDAY is a feature that oozed from my post Twitter party fried-brains. It is a weekly, or bi-weekly feature (depending on your reading style), where you tell us what you are reading now, and why, and what you will be reading in the future from your tbr pile, and why. I am oh so curious why people read what they read. So tell me!

JOINING US THIS WEEK

Shannon from REX ROBOT REVIEWS

※※※※※※※

My current ARC is THE WOLF WILDER.


After reading the Edelweiss synopsis I had high hopes for this Middle Grade because it sounded fresh and different. At first I was left scratching my head about the storyline set-up premise, but the writing style was smooth and full, so I shrugged it off and continued reading. I am at at 25% and have realized that the plot is not moving along very well. Also, the oppression and violence seem to be overshadowing the Wilders' story. So... right now I am a little disappointed, but things might change.


I finished listening to The Lost Princess of Oz and The Tinman of Oz, and am now on to THE MAGIC OF OZ  in my audiobook collection.


The stories are certainly bizarre and are good brain cleansers in between books. If you want to read the first set of Oz books to children under ten or eleven years old, I would pre-read them for violence, but the stories he wrote after he took a break for a few years are more young child friendly. I think I am about 70% done.


Oh my, I LOVE OREOS!



After The Wolf Wilder I will probably be reading the first Fairyland book because I don't have any ARCs due for quite a while. I have the first three as an ebook bundle on my Kindle.

(these are not my books)
(I do have #3 in HC, though)
(I am hoping Book Outlet will have them all)
(at some point)


I must admit, it was the covers that first drew me to these books, but I found a 31 page E-short for a dollar...



I love Valente's writing style, so when I saw the ebook bundle special, I caved. The short is still at that price, so if you want to check the author out on the cheap, like I did, go for it!


What are you reading? Tell me!

8 comments:

  1. I've just started reading a novella from the Firewalker series by Josie Angelini but I don't know if I'll have much time to read this week at least till Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I kind of want to read the Fairyland series. I won the first book but I JUST HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO IT FOR SOME WEIRD REASON. Shame on me. xD I blame my gargantuan TBR and my brain buzzing off to read all the new shinies. I'm sad about The Wolf Wilder, because that cover is GLORIOUS. Ohh, I just finished One by Sarah Crossan which was about conjoined twins and it was rather sad but beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that what that book is about? I need to read that. I have always been curious how conjoined twins feel about never being able to escape the presence of another person for true privacy. I used to watch a reality show about conjoined twins, but I always had the feeling they white-washed what they said sometimes.

      Delete
  3. Oooh, I want to know what you think of the Fairyland ones. The covers totally caught my eye too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a while since I read the short story, but I do remember her words painting vivid fantasy images in my mind. I am about 50% done with TWW, so I should be starting soon. :)

      Delete
  4. The Fairyland series sounds interesting! I wonder if it will be available in the bookstore? Nevertheless, this week, I'll be continuing Weightless by Sarah Brannan. It's from the "mob" perspective in a bullying story and it sounds pretty interesting. I've started it and it's definiely a unique take. Are you planning to try that one out, Lala?

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.