Thursday, July 31, 2014

THE BODY ELECTRIC: New novel by Beth Revis, SYMBOLISM...

BETH REVIS, author of the ACROSS THE UNIVERSE TRILOGY, has an exciting new story for us!! THE BODY ELECTRIC.




There was a contest and Beth asked us to look at these beautiful art cards by CHRISTINE TYLER, and tell what we think the symbolism is in each portrait.


I think the fireflies on Ella's art card symbolize inner beauty shining from within because a firefly is plain on the outside...


but beautiful when illuminated from within.


And then there is Jack's portraiture...


I think the bees on his art card suggest he is a transporter or messenger of some kind because bees transport pollen...


and do the waggle dance to send a message as to where a food source is located. 


There are other symbols and items in the artwork, some of the other ideas I had were that Ella is some kind of beacon because fireflies use their lights to attract other fireflies. There are circuits in the background and I suspect Ella is either bionic, or a robot.


Jack's picture has moon phases surrounding him and water in the background, so I am wondering if tides have something to do with the story. I also think he may be a revolutionary because of the flag and the knife in his boot. Or maybe a privateer, or a pirate!!


Beth will be posting the real meanings to the symbols on Tumblr.  I will bring the link so we can all see how wrong I was with all of these guesses!

(so you can see how far off I was about every guess, but one)

















4 comments:

  1. So smart! Symbolism isnt my strong suit but now that you say it it totally makes sense. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww... you guys are so supportive. *kunchwuzzies* and lots of luff.

      Delete
  2. Those portraits are so fantastic! And your ideas for the symbolism are quite good too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.