Tuesday, March 5, 2024

TELL ME TUESDAY #411 - Last. Now. Next. February Reading Wrap-Up - *tidbits* #Books #Reading #BookBlog #Iread #AmReading

    
TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
FEBRUARY READING WRAP-UP
tidbits

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your TBR pile, and why.
I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


ONE BOOK A WEEK
I'm still trying to keep my reading down to one book a week.



LITERARY FICTION
CONTEMPORARY
MYSTERY
POLAND
Publishes March 4th 2024 - NetGalley ARC
Although I loved the body of this book, it totally fell apart in the last fifteen percent.


WOMEN'S FICTION/LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
BLACK HISTORY
CHICAGO SUMMER 1999
Published 2022 - Hoopla Borrow
I know I said I was only going to read one monthly theme book a month this year so I had more time to graze, but it felt not quite right to only read one Black History Month title. This book came highly recommended by Ethan from A Book a Week and it did not disappoint. I would have given it six stars if I could.
..

LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL
PARANORMAL
WORLD WAR I
Published February 13th 2024 - NetGalley ARC

As most of you know I am not a fan of Historical Fiction set in war times, unless the setting is far removed from the battlefields. This was a situation where the book cover and the title grabbed me, and the fact the author was one that I previously loved for a Fantasy series clinched the deal. It wasn't until after I requested it, and went to add it to Goodreads, that I saw the story was set during WWI. I still thought it wasn't going to have battlefield content because the main character is only looking for her missing brother, a soldier, but there are a lot of graphic war scenes. However, the writing is exquisite and the story is more about familial love and friendship than fighting, so I am really liking it.


LITERARY FICTION
CONTEMPORARY
FEMALE RELATIONSHIPS
CHILE
Published 2014 - Own Ebook
I thought this sounded perfect for Women's History Month. I stretch this theme a bit by also reading books about female friendships and other relationships like sisters and mother/daughter bonds. This also adds to my Freebie and 99¢ reading challenge.

GOODREADS
LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
CLASSIC
Published 1847 - Own Ebook and Hardcovers
At some point Liis, from Cover to Cover, and I will be doing our now annual buddy re-read of Jane Eyre for Women's History Month. I will be reading my Penguin Clothbound Classics edition because I bought it used, and it isn't in very good shape, and I want to annotate it.


FEBRUARY READING WRAP-UP


BOOKS READ
FOUR

ARCS
TWO

PHYSICAL BOOKS
NONE

EBOOKS
THREE

AUDIOBOOKS
ONE

MANGA - GRAPHIC NOVELS - COMICS
NONE

MIDDLE GRADE
NONE

YOUNG ADULT
ONE

ADULT FICTION
TWO

NONFICTION
ONE

RE-READ
NONE

FAVORITE FEBRUARY READ
★★★★


2024
YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
BOOKS READ
7
NONFICTION 2/12
MIDDLE GRADE 0/6
NATIVE AMERICAN/FIRST NATIONS AUTHORS I/4
MUSIC 2/6
PLAYS 0/4
BACKLIST ARCS 0/4
CLASSICS 0/3
RE-READS 0/3
FREEBIES/99¢ KINDLE BOOKS 0/12
MIDDLE GRADE - 0
YOUNG ADULT - 2
ADULT FICTION - 3
NONFICTION - 2
GRAPHIC NOVELS/MANGA - 0
AUDIOBOOKS - 3
EBOOKS - 4
PHYSICAL COPIES - 0
BORROWED - 3
ARCS - 2


•tidbits•


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.