Tuesday, August 2, 2022

TELL ME TUESDAY #383 - Last. Now. Next. - New to the E-Queue - Dog Days of Summer Celebration Reading Challenge #DDOS #DDOSC #DogDaysOfSummer #DogDaysOfSummerCelebration #AmReading

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY-THREE
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE
SIXTH ANNUAL DOG DAYS OF SUMMER CELEBRATION

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!




2022 A YEAR OF BLACK AND NATIVE AMERICAN AUTHORS




★★★★
NONFICTION
HISTORY
NEW YORK CITY
Published 1979 - Own Ebook
I adored this book! It was the second book for my Summer in the City blog theme. Every July I read titles set in NYC. This book is not only about the history of The Dakota building (where John Lennon was shot) it's full of esoteric stories and facts about the entire city. I will be looking around for books which include its history in the 1980s to currently. Yoko Ono still lives there. I read that she is wheelchair-bound now and Sean Lennon is there most of the time, helping to take care of her.



GOODREADS
ADULT FICTION
DUOLOGY BOOK ONE
SCIENCE FICTION - FANTASY
Published 1993 - Own Ebook
This is my first book for my annual Dog Days of Summer Celebration reading challenge; although the dogs in the story are malevolent. I had a difficult time finding books with dogs in them, or on the cover, by Black and/or Native American authors, so I had to go with the dangerous dogs. I was going to re-read Sounder, but was sad to see it was written by a White author and has also been called out for racial stereotyping. I am, however, delighted to be reading more Octavia E. Butler. I loved Kindred




GOODREADS
ADULT FICTION
GRAPHIC NOVEL
SCIENCE FICTION - FANTASY
Published 2020 - Hoopla Borrow
I don't know how I will do with this GN because the same illustrator did the Kindred graphic novel and although I loved the cover art, I hated the interior illustrations. 

The rest of the month will also be sequential art books. They are all Hoopla borrows.








I was going to try to catch up with these, but alas... I don't have the motivation. Ha ha. I might still do a round-up Stacking the Shelves at some point.
HELLO HELLO -  $1.99 Ebook Sale
(by the author of They All Saw a Cat)
BELLMAN AND BLACK - $1.99 Ebook Sale
These are all still on sale at the time of this posting.







2022 SIXTH ANNUAL CELEBRATION
There is a Dog Days of Summer 2022 introduction post coming up on Thursday, so pick out a book to read with a dog in it, or on it, and when you have reviewed it you can enter to win a custom bookmark from IN LINE WITH ANNEMIEKE. Karen from For What It's Worth won last year and adored the customized bookmark Annemieke, from A Dance With Books, made featuring her two adorable shelties. The giveaway is international!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.