Tuesday, June 8, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #349 - Last. Now. Next. - May Reading Wrap-Up


TELL ME TUESDAY #348 - Last Now. Next. - Tidbits  

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
 NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY-NINE
MAY READING WRAP-UP
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


!
YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
HAITIAN CULTURE
Published 2018 - Own Kindle Library
I haven't rated this one yet. It's supposed to be YA, but... the eff-word is used on just about ever third page and there are specific sex acts referred to. I was thinking this was another Goodreads members' shelving misnomer because the main character is in high school, so I went to Edelweiss to see what the book was published as, and to my surprise it was published and promoted as Young Adult. I will say that even if it was Adult Fiction, it still would have only been three stars for me because the last third of the book was rushed and the ending was a hot, almost convoluted, mess. This was my first book for Caribbean-American Heritage Month. There is a Carib-A-Thon read-a-thon from June 9th to the 18th if you would like to join, hosted by Karen from Runwright Reads. There was a LGBTQ character, so it was also fitting for Pride Month.



MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
VIRGIN ISLANDS
Published 2018 - Hoopla Borrow
I was loving this story in the beginning, but now I'm having basically the same problem as I was with American Street; this is supposed to be MG, also according to the Edelweiss publisher's page, but the content is too philosophical in an adult way and the writing is too dense, in a poetic flowery way much of the time, for the interest of elementary school readers. I also hate that the author is saying when twelve year old girls hold hands it's a sexual thing. I totally disagree! I was still holding hands with my female friends in high school and it was only a friendship thing. The twelve year old MC thinks she is gay because she likes holding hands with her bestfriend. This book is also for Caribbean-American Heritage Month, and I guess, even though I don't think twelve year olds holding hands with female friends means you are gay, it counts for Pride Month because the author is transgender.
I finished, and HERE is my Goodreads review.



YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION - 1960s
NEW YORK CITY
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC CULTURE
Published 2005 - Hoopla Borrow
My next book for #ReadCaribbean. I'm trying to get all my Hoopla borrows read before they expire.






BOOKS READ IN MAY
SIX
ARCS
THREE
MAY'S THEME
ASIAN AND PACIFIC ISLANDER
2021
31
YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE 1/12
NEWBERY CHALLENGE 0/6
NONFICTION 7/6
MIDDLE GRADE  CHALLENGE 7/18
RE-READS 1/6
NONFICTION ANTI-RACISM 3/6
MIDDLE GRADE 7
YOUNG ADULT 1
ADULT FICTION 16
NONFICTION 6
GRAPHIC NOVELS 0
AUDIOBOOKS 2
EBOOKS 30
PHYSICAL COPIES 0
BORROWED 0
ARCS 14



Annimieke from A Dance With Books is celebrating her six year blogversary with a giveaway! It ends June 20th, so hop on over.

GIVEAWAY

GIVEAWAY


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.