Tuesday, April 20, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #143 - Last. Now. Next.

  

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
 NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY-THREE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining  us this week...




★★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY 1990s
Published 1997 - Own Kindle Library
I loved this story! It was a glimpse back at what book publishing was when it was a business, and not an industry, in the not so distant past. This will definitely be a re-read. It's a somber read about the human condition.



NONFICTION
ANTI-RACISM
Published March 2019 - Own Kindle Library
This is my March/April I Am Listening title. It is the best anti-racism book I have read so far!

GOODREADS
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
CONTEMPORARY
MAGICAL REALISM?
Published 1984 - NetGalley
1984? NetGalley you say? Yes, this must have been a re-issue. It is a review book from about four years ago. *hangs head in abashed shame* I was reading Ninth House, but I was having a hard time getting into it. Ninth House is a ghost story, so I set it aside for my October ghost theme reading. I was fudging it way too much to fit April's Health/Mental Health theme, anyway. White Horses is about someone with a chronic sleeping disorder, so it fits my theme and takes care of an unread older review book!


GOODREADS
ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD SERIES
DEATH STORY ARC #2
FANTASY - HUMOR
Published May 1991 - Own Kindle Library
It's nearly the end of the fourth month of 2021 and I haven't read one Discworld title for the Turtle Recall Challenge. I have already read two of the titles in this arc of the series, so I want to finish it up. I think I'll also read the next one, too!


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.