Tuesday, November 24, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #324 - Last. Now. Next. - Tidbits

  

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-FOUR
TIDBITS

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!





★★★
ADULT FANTASY
DISCWORLD SERIES
MOIST VON LIPWIG #3
HUMOR
Published November 2013 - Own Kindle Library
I LOVED THIS BOOK! It was my favorite of the three Moist stories, and is probably in my top three Discworld titles read so far. I read this as part of A Dance With Books' TURTLE RECALL reading challenge.

★★★
(4.5)
MG/YA
STANDALONE
REALISTIC FICTION
1960s
NEWBERY AWARD
Published 1963 - Own Kindle Library
This was my Newbery book for November. It also counts towards my 2020 A Year of Classics personal reading challenge. Because it is an older Newbery book it was one of those hybrid mixes of MG/YA which used to be standard fare for what were called "Teen" titles when I was young; Middle Grade was called "Junior."



NONFICTION
NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE
MENTAL HEALTH
Published March 2019 - Hoopla Borrow
This is my Nonfiction for this month, and also for November Native American History Month. I don't know how I feel about it yet. A lot of the mental health aspects are about her mother's struggles, and her mother is White, so if the book is supposed to be about Native American environmental (situational) depression I don't know how this supports her theme; unless it's to show anyone might become depressed in a reservation living environment? Then again she talks about the mental burden of Native American history, so I don't know how her mother's depression figures into that. 

ADULT FICTION
DUNE SERIES #2
SCIENCE FICTION
Published Own Physical and Kindle Library
This will count as a re-read (third time), for my 2020 A Year of Classics personal challenge, and for SciFi month. The ebook has a wonderful introduction by Herbert's son. It made me want to read the biography he wrote about his father.



NONFICTION
POLITICAL
Published March 2017- Hoopla Borrow
I'm Facebook friends with my college guitar teacher and he told me I needed to read this book. He said it will help me understand how tRump happened. Almost forty years later and he's still giving me homework assignments. Ha ha.This will be my December Nonfiction.

ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD DEATH STORY ARC #1
FANTASY/HUMOR
Published 1987 - Own Kindle Library and Hardcover
I need a catch up book for Annemieke's TURTLE RECALL Discworld reading challenge, and this is it. We will be doing a group read of HOGFATHER in December, also.



 
JESSTICULATES put together a Top Ten Tuesday list of Science Fiction books by indigenous authors for SciFi Month.

Previously unseen TOLKIEN WRITINGS shed new light on his Middle Earth creations.



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!
There are six big giveaways on the page right now, and I mean BIG!


What are you reading? Please tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.