Tuesday, November 17, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY - Last. Now. Next. - September & October Reading Wrap-Up

  

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-THREE
SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER READING WRAP-UP

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



★★★
ADULT FICTION
HAINISH CYCLE #4
SCIFI
CLASSIC
Published 1969 - Hoopla Borrow
This is my second read for SciFi Month. I had a love/hate relationship with this story. If I had rated on the writing alone it would have been a mediocre three stars, but the themes within the book where extremely relevant to current affairs in the world, and also thought provoking. I think with stories like this I always compare them to the Dune books, and it was a mere shadow compared to the worldbuilding, setting description, and character development in Herbert's series.



ADULT FANTASY
DISWORLD SERIES
MOIST VON LIPWIG #3
HUMOR
Published November 2013 - Own Kindle Library
I changed my mind and am reading the TURTLE RECALL Facebook group read selection for November instead of Mort.

MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
REALISTIC FICTION
NEWBERY AWARD
Published 1963 - Own Kindle Library
This is my Newbery book for November. It also counts towards my 2020 A Year of Classics personal reading challenge. I am also hoping there is some bullying in it, so I have a book for the Anti-Bullying Read-A-Thon without needing to add another title to my November TBR. Maybe I'll try to find some picture books to read also.

NONFICTION
NATIVE AMERICAN CULTURE
MENTAL HEALTH
Published March 2019 - Hoopla Borrow
This is my Nonfiction for this month, and also for November Native American History Month.



ADULT FICTION
DUNE SERIES #2
SCIENCE FICTION
Published Own Physical and Kindle Library
This will count as a re-read (third time), for my 2020 A Year of Classics personal challenge, and for SciFi month. Baz will finally be able to discuss it with me in more detail because I dropped out of our buddy re-read of the original six books last year, like a loser mom. Ha ha.




BOOKS READ IN SEPTEMBER & OCTOBER
September = 5
October = 9

YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE 9/12
NEWBERY CHALLENGE 11/12
NONFICTION CHALLENGE 12/12
A YEAR OF CLASSICS CHALLENGE 32/36
RE-READS 8/12
NONFICTION ANTI-RACISM 4/6
MIDDLE GRADE 16
YOUNG ADULT 5
ADULT FICTION 41
NONFICTION 12
GRAPHIC NOVELS 6
AUDIOBOOKS 24
BORROWED 35
I'm one behind on my Discworld challenge, and two behind on my re-reads, but I've already met my Nonfiction goal, and will be fulfilled for my Newbery challenge after this month's title, so I will be able to catch up easily in December!



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!
There is a huge 28 book James Patterson giveaway listed! Hop over and get the entry link. And also a giveaway for a $100 Barnes and Noble gift card!


What are you reading? Please tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.