Tuesday, October 13, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #318 - Last. Now. Next. - What's Baz Reading?

 

LAST. NOW. NEXT.


TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!
Once again, this is two weeks worth of reading because I was too sick to post last week.
I also apologize for the large font, funky spacing, and images that are showing up in the draft, but not here in the post. My html still says 20px, but it's not. The new Blogger interface is still really buggy. Ugh.


★★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FANTASY
DISCWORLD SERIES
HUMOR
Published 1999 - Own physical and Ebook
This was my TURTLE RECALL READING CHALLENGE book for last month. This is the last title in the Witches arc of the Discworld series. This month I will be starting the Death story arc with MORT.

NONFICTION
BLACK EMPOWERMENT
FEMINISM
BLACK CULTURE
Published 2017 - Hoopla Audiobook Borrow
This wasn't the book I was expecting. It isn't an anti-racism book, and I would only recommend it to the most fervently woke readers, if at all, because it dismisses White Feminism and the struggles of White single mothers. I didn't rate it because it wasn't meant for White readers, in my opinion. I do however have unfavorable thoughts about dividing the Feminist movement into Black and White. We women need each other.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
SUSPENCE
Published 1938 - Own Kindle Library
I just finished this so there is no Goodreads rating or review, yet. I read it for Rebeccalong. I cannot believe I had put off reading this for so long because the writing is amazing. I still don't understand why people feel it is a Halloween read though. It isn't a ghost story.



GOODREADS
MEMOIR
Published November 2012 - Own Kindle Library
I'm reading this as my 2020 #READFORGRACE title, from her Goodreads TBR. Every year in October I will be reading a book she didn't get to read. Her birthday is October 14th. If you want to know more about Read For Grace, please follow the link above.



GOODREADS
CLASSIC HORROR
Published 1898 - Hoopla Borrow
I think this will be my fourth re-read.


GOODREADS
ADULT FANTASY
QUEEN OF THE TEARLING SERIES #3
Published November 2016
I cannot wait to discuss the ending with him because readers either loved it or hated it. Ha ha. I loved it. The author is going to be publishing a fourth book.

GOODREADS
Publishing February 10th 2021



There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!


What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.