Tuesday, August 7, 2018

TELL ME TUESDAY #209 - Last. Now. Next. & July Reading Wrap-Up

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER TWO HUNDRED AND NINE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!



Joining us this week...
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG
Michelle from IN LIBRIS VERITAS
Kwante from KWANTE IN WONDERLAND
Stop by and have a look at their latest grabs and tell them yours!



★★★★
I'm now finished with THE DARKEST MINDS original trilogy. I participated in a read-a-long on Cyra's blog, RATTLE THE PAGES. They are going to continue on with the fourth newly published book, but I'm going to wait a while.


★★★★
This was my first DOG DAYS OF SUMMER title. It came highly recommended by my DDOS co-host Jolene and I thoroughly enjoyed it.


★★★★★
I haven't reviewed this on Goodreads yet because I have too many interesting things to say about it. It's a fictional account of the real girl LOLITA was based on. Would this be considered a True Crime story? It publishes August 8th.



MIDDLE GRADE
FANTASY
WILLA SERIES #1
Published July 10th - Netgalley
 I'm still struggling with this book. It has gotten a bit better but not much. I'm around 80% finished, so the nightmare will be over soon.



I am buddy reading MISSING MIKE, a Middle Grade dog-themed Netgalley ARC, with Jolene for DDOS. It publishes in September. We are starting on Thursday. It's by the author of my top Middle Grade for 2016, ROOT BEER CANDY AND OTHER MIRACLES.


I also found BOLTS: A ROBOT DOG on HOOPLA and will be reading it for DDOS soon. I think I can slip it in before Thursday because it's a pretty short children's chapter book. Remember, my co-host, Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG, is donating $1 up to $100 total for every dog book we read and review in August to her local dog rescue!


RULES OF THE RUFF is a book I saw on BOOKER T'S FARM blog. It's also a dog themed Netgalley Middle Grade for DDOS! It publishes August 14th.



I READ FIVE BOOKS IN JULY
Not great, but more than I read last month. I have already read three books, almost four, in this first week of August, so maybe I can catch up with my Beat the Backlist Challenge!

BEAT THE BACKLIST CHALLENGE - JULY
FOUR BOOKS
16/50
TEAM



.
The linky for my DOG DAYS OF SUMMER celebration $12 e-gift card (Amazon or Better World Books) international giveaway is going up later today!
Link any of the following tasks for entries...
1. Dog book review from Goodreads, blog post, or Instagram.
2. Dog themed Instagram post on Tuesdays in August.
3. Any of the three DDOS dog tags: HERE.
4. Any dog related blog post.
What are you reading and how were your reading totals for July? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.