Tuesday, May 25, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #347 - What I've Been Reading Lately

 

WHAT I'VE BEEN READING LATELY
 NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY-SEVEN

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


Joining us this week...




THIS IS TWO WEEKS OF READING

ADULT FICTION
PREQUEL
SCIENCE FICTION
Published May 18th 2021 - NetGalley
I was super excited to read this, and I really enjoyed the storytelling, but he was wishy-washy with his societal messages so as to please both sides of issues, such as gun control, and I hate authors who pander. I'm a bit upset because I bought three of his other books.

MY GOODREADS REVIEW
★★★
(3.5)
ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
MAGICAL REALISM
JAPANESE CULTURE
Published August 2020- Own Kindle Library
This was a delightful story once it got off the ground! A lot of readers have this shelved as Romance, but it's not. I will say the first 20% was a bit robotic, and because I thought on top of that there was kissy-face romance on the horizon... I almost DNFed it! I am glad I didn't. I highly recommend this for teenagers who are interested in Japanese culture. It's free to read on Kindle Unlimited. I read this for Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month.

GOODREADS
★★★
(4.5)
ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD SERIES
HUMOROUS FANTASY
Published 1989 - Own Hardcover and Ebook
I read this for the TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE hosted by Annemieke from A Dance With Books.



What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.