Tuesday, August 18, 2020

TELL ME TUESDAY #312 - Last. Now. Next.

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
READING UP DATES
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!




★★★★★
ADULT FANTASY
DISCWORLD SERIES #18 - WITCHES STORY ARC #5
HUMOR
Published July 2014 - Own Bookshelf/Kindle Library
This was the Goodreads Witches read-along group book for the TURTLE RECALL reading challenge.

MIDDLE GRADE
STANDALONE
HISTORICAL FICTION
NEWBERY AWARD WINNER
Published 1950 - Hoopla Borrow
This was my August Newbery reading challenge book. It also counted towards my A Year of Classics reading challenge. I know this was written in the 1950s, but good grief the slavery content was sugarcoated beyond belief. The story represented slavery as only a bump in the road to success.



MIDDLE GRADE
CLASSIC
Published - Own Kindle Library
The sequel to Little Woman. It has three dogs in it for the DOG DAYS OF SUMMER reading challenge!

NONFICTION
ANTI-RACISM
Published April 2016 - Hoopla Borrow
This was supposed to be my Nonfictiom anti-racism read for August. It is, however, over nineteen hours as an audio, and it reads very much like a textbook, so I know I won't finish it for this month. I chose another anti-racism title, which is much shorter, to read along side this one so I can keep on my one a month schedule. 

MIDDLE GRADE
NEW KID SERIES BOOK #1
GRAPHIC NOVEL
NEWBERY AWARD WINNER
Published February 5th 2019 - Hoopla Borrow
I saw this on Hoopla, and thought I would grab it to catch up on the month I accidentally forgot to read a Newbery winner for my personal challenge.




?








BOOKS READ IN JUNE
FIVE

BOOKS READ IN JULY
SIX

YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
TURTLE RECALL CHALLENGE  6/12
NEWBERY CHALLENGE 7/12
NONFICTION CHALLENGE 10/12
A YEAR OF CLASSICS CHALLENGE 20/36
RE-READS 5/12
NONFICTION ANTI-RACISM 2/6
MIDDLE GRADE - 9
YOUNG ADULT -  5
ADULT FICTION - 28
GRAPHIC NOVELS - 5
AUDIOBOOKS - 14



 

 There's still time to read a book with a dog in it, or on it, for the FOURTH ANNUAL DOG DAYS OF SUMMER  reading challenge $20 Book Depository, or Better World Books GIVEAWAY! It's international if BD or BWB ship to your location.


There are some stellar contests up on the Facebook giveaway page right now. Some are multiple book prizes. Most from major publishers!

What are you reading? Tell Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.