Sunday, March 25, 2018

THE SUNDAY POST #159 - Sunny Days


NUMBER ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-NINE


THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS
WEEKLY WRAP-UP
BLOG - LIFE - MUSIC - WEB

TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

COVER CONVERSATIONS
CHILDREN'S PICTURE BOOK WEEK



MONDAY MUSIC MUSINGS
REDHEADED STEPCHILD BLOG
SMOOTH MCGROOVE


I changed the images on the blog header from coffee cups to squiggles, and I have gone back to the medium sized post headers.

I couple of people DMed me on Twitter about the link to my Cover Conversations promo tweet being broken, and when I checked not only was the link broken, but the comments and my replies to them in the before broken link post were gone... AND all of the views were gone, too. What is even stranger is one of the comments that disappeared is still in the Disqus feature below the comment section. Blogger must have reposted it with a different url, but how? Why?





We've had sunshine here and temps have started to be in the 40s (Fahrenheit), but still cold at night. Time to start my herb containers! On the enclosed back porch, that is. Ha ha.


Well, I finally settled on a song to work on, and as much as I wasn't minding the scales and finger exercises I was doing, I am practicing more now that I am working on a song. I wasn't going to do this one because there are a couple of difficult sections, and frankly I didn't think I would have that much control over my pinkie for quite some time, but hey, guess what? I do! Plus I found another video where the guy simplifies a few things in the solo, but I could/should work on my rusty improvisation skills and figure out simpler lines myself. It is also more fun to praƧtice if you have the backing tracks and Eric's are some of the best.



I had a couple of landlord induced high anxiety days last week, and part of my coping strategy was listening to SATIE pretty loudly with headphones, and coloring. I like these little pocket sized coloring books because they are easy to color in not sitting at a table. They are super cheap on Book Outlet. I love my little golden snitch pencil sharpener, too. I also crocheted a bit. I can't listen to audiobooks or ebooks on text-to-speech when I get frazzled (the code word I use to let Baz know I need the kid glove treatment for awhile) because my concentration goes out the window, but I do like to color and crochet while listening to books on regular days, too!


I have been starting a little bit of spring cleaning here and there and I tackled one of two junk drawers we have, and I came across my son's old pill planner from when he was so sick and I was thinking about how thankful I am that he takes zero meds for his illness now, not even a multi vitamin. Ha ha. This used to be crammed, to almost not being able to close the compartments, with prescription drugs, and it is large. I should have put a quarter in the picture to show size. He also had one with his midday pills in it that he had to carry around in his backpack. The kitchen counter was also filled with supplement bottles. Although I do get worried when he starts getting a major symptom or two, now, they usually don't last for more than a couple of weeks and it's all good. So I can be reminded of this daily, I have started using it for my pills.



 THE LIGHTENING STENOGRAPHY DEVICE
THE EXORCIST




 WON GOODREADS 
This is an ebook. The ebook giveaways are much easier to win because there are usually 50-100 copies up for grabs. This is the first YA I have won, but I have gotten several children's picture books, and a couple of Nonfiction instructional type titles since the first of the year

I love it when I win picture books because after I read and review them I send them to either the local nonprofit daycare, or the neighborhood community center's little free library.




TELL ME TUESDAY
LAST. NOW. NEXT.

COVER CONVERSATIONS
  NONFICTION WEEK

THAT'S PINTERESTING!
MARCH EDITION

THE SUNDAY SYNOPSIS


MONDAY MUSIC MUSINGS
REDHEADED STEPCHILD BLOG
Have a  wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.