I cannot believe it has been one year since I accidentally created this blog trying to authenticate a Rafflecopter entry for one of author A.G. Howard's giveaways. Let's CELEBRATE and have some cake!!
I was like, "Huh, wha... I have a blog?" I figured as long as I had it, I would use it. It was one of the best decisions, ever!!
This was my first blog post...
"I am well into a Words With Friends (Strangers) addiction, and I am letting it cut into my reading time; someone please help me ..."
This was my first gif usage..
Which by the way, weirdly and coincidentally, fits my gif theme today.
(I always have a theme for my post gifs)
This was my first masthead...
Yeah... I know, blergh.
The second one was much better.
My antique book background has been the same since day one.
*About the "strange cookies" quote that appears both here and on my current masthead. Once I bought really cheap cookies, you know, the kind that come in a large cardboard box (and taste like the box). My son, who was four at the time, told me never to buy those "strange cookies" again.
Because the wonderful A.G. Howard was the reason I had this blog, I made sure my maiden voyage book review was for the first novel in her Wonderland trilogy.
See the 4 1/2 STAR review, HERE.
A.G. figures into a lot of my bookish pursuits, so in honor of this, she, Wonderland, and her Splintered books will be a large part of my Grand Prize Package!
(A.G. has even contributed an audiobook of the second Splintered novel, Unhinged)
This next book and author were my first experience with a blog tour and interview.
The author Joe Kipling (who is a lovely lady, btw) is a fellow Potterhead and Ravenclaw I met through a friend on the internet, so when I heard she had written a book, I bought it in support of my Hogwart's housemate. I was thrilled (and relieved) this YA Dystopian was fab, and unique from other dystopian stories. You can view the character interview, HERE, which also contains a link to my blog review. Funny enough, A.G. also had her fingers in this blog event, too. She gave me the idea for doing a character interview, and I stole one of her character interview questions, "What makes life worth living?"
I am honoring Joe and Blinded by the Light with a "Brit Pack" giveaway, which includes her novel in paperback, and a BbtL bookmark. Thank-you for the book donation, Joe!
My first six months of blogging felt like this...
But despite Blogger, and Fhkeindle the Kindle demon, I feel pretty well settled now. This is all due in part to Octavia from Read.Sleep.Repeat., answering my newbie blogger questions, (mostly via Twitter), and my fellow Skullblogger, Brittersweet, from Please Feed the Bookworm, buddying up with me to take on the quest of unraveling the mystery of successful book blogging (by any means possible). SKULLBLOGGERY!!!! Again, another A.G. connection; I met Britter through the Splintered fanclub boards on Goodreads.
There is also a SKULLBLOGGERY prize pack, up for grabs, to honor my BBB,B (Best Blogging Buddy, Brittersweet). It includes a copy of the *wuzzies* tote I made for her.
THINGS THAT NEVER HAPPENED
1. I wanted at least ten followers before I did my first review. I waited and waited for ten followers, so I could review Splintered in good conscience, but I won an ARC of the second novel, Unhinged, and needed to get it reviewed before I reviewed Unhinged.
2. I wanted 10,000 blog views before my blogoversary. As you can see I fell short of this number by about 600 views. I don't feel too bad though because at current rates that is less than one month's views and I have never done any giveaways before this one.
3. I wanted to do a guest post on another blog. I know, I know, Britter... you asked me to do a guest post on your blog, but because you are my bestie it doesn't count.
THINGS THAT DID HAPPEN
1. I was included in a blog tour.
2. I received a Liebster Award.
3. I started a feature. I co-host Tell Me TuEsDaY with my clever Skullbloggery buddy, Britter. She came up with the idea after a brain-frying Armchair BEA Twitter party. We even have one feature follower: Pili from In Love with Handmade, as well as several bloggers who comment regularly.
4. I have made tons of bookish friends. I have met 100s of wonderful bloggers, authors, and readers because of this blog.
THINGS THAT NEED TO HAPPEN
1. I need to get all of the four and five star rated books, I have read in the last year or so, reviewed here on the blog.
2. I need to do a review index.
3. I need to do an archived post content index.
4. I need to do more giveaways.
5. I need to fill out my "about" page. It is an empty space.
Okay, now let's get on to the GIVEAWAYS!!!!
First I want to say that somehow all of the givie packs ended up having some kind of tea in them, but I guess this is apropos seeing that the Grand Prize package is Wonderland themed and we also have the Brit Pack.
The first givie is only for international followers.
(Includes tea for two of my two favorite teas)
The Skullbloggery prize pack is open to both US and Canadian followers.
(Includes tea for two of the two teas I suggested for Britter, the non tea drinker)
As soon as I get around to it I will replace this with a photo of the prize pack items.
THE BRIT PACK - US ONLY
(includes a box of Joe's favorite tea)
* Just so you know... the holographic Scholastic collectors' Harry Potter bookmark in this pack is going for $16.00 on eBay.
HERE IT IS... so pretty.
GRAND BLOGOVERSARY PRIZE PACK
Assorted Wonderland swag that includes a bookplate signed by A.G. Howard
I will also be adding one or two surprise items to this Wonderland swag.
A box of A.G.'s favorite tea.
A ribbon bag of my favorite reading tea.
I was introduced to this tea by a The Leaky Cauldron Harry Potter social site, friend, Xyra, via her American Girl's Doll blog, Tea Time with Melody Q. She occasionally reviews books and regularly taste tests teas (say that ten times fast). Xyra is quite a tea purest, and I love knowing I make her squirm when I say I make this blackcurrant tea with sugar and HALF & HALF!! Prepared this way it tastes like liquid candy. Yum.
A.G. introduced me to my new imaginary boyfriend Miles Mcmillan. Now, she did have him posted as a possibility for Morpheus, and we all know I am a die-hard Jebutaunte. However, she now seems settled and content with Ezra Miller (The Perks of Being a Wallflower) for the mothy guy, so I have stolen Miles for my skaterboy Jeb.
Anyway, because of dream boy Miles, I am in including a paperback copy of Dream Boy.
A $10.00 Amazon giftcard with which I hope you will buy Splintered by A.G. Howard if you don't own it already.
And last, but certainly not least,
an audiobook of Unhinged, the second book in A.G.'s Wonderland trilogy. Thank-you bunches for adding this to the giveaway, Anita!! *wuzzies*
You can read my review of Unhinged, HERE.
*THE GIVIE RULES*
1. You must be 13 years of age or older.
2. NO CHEATING!! I will check every entry. If you cheat you will be immediately removed from all of the giveaways.
3. Only one contestant per household.
4. Prizes will not be sent to P.O. boxes.
5. I will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items. The larger packages automatically have tracking and insurance, so be sure to inform me of missing or damaged items.
6. You will have 72 hours to claim your prize after notification, or another winner will be chosen.
The Skullbloggery prize pack is US and CANADA. I forgot to put that on the Rafflecopter.
*THE GRAND PRIZE IS US ONLY*
ATTENTION: If you already follow by any of the options, or have the featured books on your Goodreads shelves you are entitled to those entries, just leave the authentication information.
I HAVE ADDED EXTRAS TO THE SKULLBLOGGERY PACK
The winner of the GRAND PRIZE is Lupe B. This being my first Rafflecopter experience I accidentally hit disqualify on her Random.com announcement, so it is not showing up on the Rafflecopter. Congratulations to all the winners!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
DID YOU FIGURE OUT WHAT MY GIF THEME IS?
NOM NOM NOM