Tuesday, September 17, 2024

TELL ME TUESDAY #417 - Last. Now. Next. - August Reading Wrap-Up - *tidbits* #Books #Reading #BookBlog #AmReading #iRead #DogDaysOfSummer #DDOS

 
TELL ME TUESDAY
NUMBER FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN
LAST. NOW. NEXT.
AUGUST READING WRAP-UP
*tidbits*
Dog Days of Summer Celebration

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your reading style, where you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your TBR pile, and why.
I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!


ONE BOOK A WEEK
I'm still trying to keep my reading down to one book a week
For the last two years I have been trying to cut my reading back to one book a week, but this year I have regularly been four to seven books behind that goal. Life is a fickle thing


LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
GRIEF - FAMILY - FRIENDS
PULITZER PRIZE WINNER
Published 2013 - Own Ebook
I'm so happy I finally finished this book after I set it aside ten years ago! It's fabulous. This is my fifth book read from the NYT 100 Best Books of the 21st Century list. Even though I started it in July, I read most of it in August and it has dogs in it, so I am counting it as my first Dog Days of Summer book.

ADULT FICTION
STANDALONE
MAN'S BEST FRIEND
Published 2013 - Edelweiss ARC
This book was horrible. The author should be slapped for calling himself an author. It was my second Dog Days of Summer read.


MIDDLE GRADE
CLASSIC
PENROD SERIES ONE
A BOY AND HIS DOG
Published 1914 - Own Ebook
Penrod's adventures became a little too ridiculous for me. This was my third and last book for Dog Days of Summer.


(4.5)
LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY DYNAMICS
Published 2011 - Own Ebook
This is a cautionary tale of what happens when children are left unsupervised and unguided in life. It was my sixth NYT 100 Best Books of the 21st Century title read.



(4.5)
MANGA
MIDDLE GRADE
SERIES SIX
WITCHES
INK MAGIC
Published - Libby Borrow
This is my first book for Witchtember.



LITERARY FICTION
STANDALONE
FRIENDSHIP
RELATIONSHIPS
LGBTQ
PHYSICAL DISABILITY
CHILDHOOD TRAUMA
MENTAL ILLNESS
Published 2015 - Libby Borrow
This is my seventh NYT Best 100 Books of the 21st Century title. It is not reading for the faint hearted; that's for sure. It probably needs every trigger warning known to man.



MANGA
MIDDLE GRADE
SERIES SEVEN
WITCHES
INK MAGIC
Published 2020 - Libby Borrow
This will be my second book for Witchtember.


AUGUST READING WRAP-UP


BOOKS READ
THREE

ARCS
ONE

PHYSICAL BOOKS
NONE

EBOOKS
THREE

AUDIOBOOKS
NONE

MANGA - GRAPHIC NOVELS - COMICS
NONE

MIDDLE GRADE
ONE

YOUNG ADULT
NONE

ADULT FICTION
TWO

NONFICTION
NONE

RE-READ
NONE

FAVORITE AUGUST READ

GOODREADS

2024
YEAR TO DATE TOTALS
BOOKS READ
24
(five books behind schedule)
NONFICTION 4/12
MIDDLE GRADE 2/6
NATIVE AMERICAN/FIRST NATIONS AUTHORS I/4
MUSIC 2/6
PLAYS 0/4
BACKLIST ARCS 1/4
CLASSICS 2/3
RE-READS 1/3
FREEBIES/99¢ KINDLE BOOKS 1/12
MIDDLE GRADE - 2
YOUNG ADULT - 4
ADULT FICTION - 14
NONFICTION - 4
GRAPHIC NOVELS/MANGA - 0
AUDIOBOOKS - 8
EBOOKS - 15
PHYSICAL COPIES - 0
BORROWED - 13
ARCS - 3



tidbits•
EIGHTH ANNUAL CELEBRATION
I read three books with dogs in them during August, so I will be donating $15 to one of my local shelters, The Broome County Humane Society. Which I will be doing a Books & Beasties post about soon.


What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.