Tuesday, July 13, 2021

TELL ME TUESDAY #354 - Last. Now. Next. - New to the E-Queue

LAST. NOW. NEXT.
 NUMBER THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY-FOUR
NEW TO THE E-QUEUE

TELL ME TUESDAY is a floating feature, depending on your readere you tell us what you read last, what you are reading now, what you will be reading next from your tbr pile, and why. I am curious why people read what they read, so tell me!




★★★★★
(4.5)
MIDDLE GRADE
SERIES 1-3
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
FAMILY/FRIENDS
Published 2017-19 - Hoopla Borrows
I loved the first book so much I binge read the next two, but alas... Hoopla didn't have the fourth title! I finally figured out what my library card PIN number is and will be looking to see if my library has the audiobook. I also have requested an eARC of the fifth book on NetGalley. The half star deductions are for the stories being a bit to long for MG. These books counted towards my Summer in the City July blog reading theme, and for the 2021 Let Us Read Middle Grade reading challenge.



ADULT FICTION
DISCWORLD SERIES
HUMOROUS FANTASY
Published 1993 - Own Hardcover and Ebook
This is the current read-along book for the TURTLE RECALL Discworld reading challenge hosted by A Dance With Books.

GOOREADS
MEMOIR
1980s-2000s
NEW YORK CITY - INTERNATIONAL
Published 2016 - Hoopla Borrow
The reason Goodreads doesn't say I am "currently reading" this title is because after I posted an update pointing out continuity and concept problems, I received a DM warning me that this author sent scary DMs and stalked a few people on Twitter and Instagram for negative reviews. Yikes! I don't  think they are active on Goodreads anymore, but I still blocked them. Just to be safe I thought deleting the title from Goodreads and then adding another edition would get rid of the update, it's supposed to, but it didn't. Anyway... the Goodreads synopsis is misleading; I'm 76% finished and there's been no Punk Rock scene, no drag scene, and the poverty is chosen; even by the author when they get older because it gets them more sympathy and attention. They also admit that they are probably just gay, but being transgender (or gender-fluid when they are trying to explain why they are identifying as a girl/woman again) gets them more attention. They also believe that unconditional love from a parent means no chores, no rules, and that they should be allowed to verbally and physically abuse their father's wife. It's not looking like there is going to be an adult epiphany coming up, either. I am reading this for my July Summer in the City blog reading theme.



YOUNG ADULT
STANDALONE
REALISTIC CONTEMPORARY
Published 2020 - Hoopla Borrow
I have wanted to read this for a long time. I loved and adored The Poet X, and With the Fire On High! Another Summer in the City read. Looking up the link for With the Fire On High made me realize my review is missing on Goodreads. It's not even marked as read. Come on Goodreads, get it together.




ADULT FICTION
PRACTICAL MAGIC SERIES
FANTASY
Publishes October 7th 2021 - NetGalley
If this is as wonderful as the prequels: Magic Lessons, and The Rules of Magic, I will be in reading heaven. I loathed Practical Magic because it was written like a drugstore paperback Romance, so I'm glad I gave the series a second chance.



What are you reading? Tell me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.