Thursday, September 6, 2018

LOOKING FORWARD - SEPTEMBER 2018 - Bartimaeus Read-A-Long Introduction

SEPTEMBER 2018
15 YEARS OF BARTIMAEUS READ-A-LONG 
FUTURE BUDDY READS AND THEMES 

Now that I am only posting a wrap-up every two weeks it became apparent that I needed a monthly preview post!


This month I have two group reads I am excited about...

Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS is hosting a BARTIMAEUS SERIES read-a-long. You can join us: HERE.

I am supposed to say a few things about myself in this post as an introduction, so...
1. I will have been blogging for five years in January 2019.
2. Even though my favorite genre is SciFi a read more Fantasy.
3. My college student son buddy reads with me a couple of times a year.
4. My favorite book of all time is To Kill a Mockingbird.
5. My name is Linda, although La La is my real nickname.

6. I first heard about these books on Annemieke's blog.
7. This is my first time reading them.
8. I have not read any Stroud before.
9. I figured it was a good time to start because my October Halloween theme is Demons.
10. I am expecting to like them because Annemieke and I have very close taste in books!

I'm reading the ebooks from HOOPLA.





MY PARTNERS IN CRIME
Greg from BOOK HAVEN
Annemieke from A DANCE WITH BOOKS
Jolene from JO'S BOOK BLOG



FUTURE BUDDY READS
In November I will be buddy reading THE HOBBIT with Greg from BOOK HAVEN, and also doing my annual Vonnegut's Birthday Buddy Read with my son. This year we are reading CAT'S CRADLE.

FUTURE THEMES
My October Halloween theme this year is Demons. You can peruse the books on my list: HERE. In January 2019 my theme is Dragons. I will be binge reading Nicole Conway's DRAGONRIDER CHRONICLES, reading the first Discworld City Watch arc book, GUARDS! GUARDS!; and possibly restarting SERAPHINA, if I have time.

These were the ebooks I bought on sale during Month9 Books' Dragon Week Celebration. I already had the first two, so there are six in total.

This is the beautiful GOLLANCZ cover book Annemieke sent me for my birthday last year!


 Do you enjoy group reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for dropping by! I love to chat, so comments get a lot of love.